2.King of Drags

You open the door, carelessly.

To your surprise, shikamaru stood there, with his back hunched.

The sight of you engraved a grin on his face. "Yo, (f/n)"

You figet on your words

'Is this why mom ran up stairs!  She knew he was coming!'

"Hey?" You say awkward.

"Something wrong?" Shikamaru looked concerned.

"N-nope, everything here is peachy!" You assured him.

"Heh, alright" he chuckles, seeing you try your best not to be obvious.

You pout "What's so fuuny and why are you here? Usually you don't come over when it's our break."

"Yeah, Usually it's a drag to work up my energy on weekens off. But..I just wanted to see you." He smirked when he finished the last of his lines as he noticed your eyes widen.

"Welp, I didn't. I have a lot to do, Mr.everything is a drag!"  You try to recover.

"Like what?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Well..me and Ino are going to the store!"

"I saw her leaving with hinata when I passed by her house." He yawned.

"Oh..really, um she must have forgotten to tell me."

It was silent for a second but It felt like forever as you two try to find the words to say.

Your heart felt like it was going to jump out.

"Um, (f/n), want to come over? My father isn't home and it's  quite boring without him." His eyes disconnects with yours out of shyness.

Which was rare for this teenager who always wore a stern look.

"We could play a foreign game called chess?"  He finished.

"Okay.." you say automatically without thinking.

"Uh! I'll get ready and meet you there!" Despite being dressed already, you shut the door and place your back against it.

'Oh my gosh, why am I so difficult?!' You covered your face, too embarrass of the event that happened.

Not even sure if shikamaru left or not, you calmed your breathing and thought 'Does he know? Did my father tell him?'

It's so rare for the king of drags to do things with his own will.