The Worst Scenario

For a while, while we were all inside the giant, stone hands, all we could hear from the outside was faint screaming which made us very concerned enough as it was. What made our concerns increase was the frighteningly powerful energy from an attack than made our sense of Meliodas' presence disappear like he was wiped clean off the face of the earth. That meant death, as many of us suggested and this caused panic from everyone. Pretty soon, we'd be next unless we did something. Howzer suggested that if we beat down the walls hard enough, we'd be able to escape but the hands were made out of bedrock. I think the only person who would have any chance of destroying the walls was Escanor. But at this time, he was out cold.

"I can teleport all of us out of here safely." A woman with white hair spoke up. "My name is Gilfrost."
"Can you really teleport all these people at once?" I asked her as I don't even have that kind of power. I could have, maybe made a few trips and taking small groups of people with me.
"I've never done it but it can't hurt to try." She replied which I had to slightly disagree with. Learning teleportation takes months to get the hang of and you can injure yourself and others if not done perfectly. You don't want to leave any body parts left behind.
"Don't be absurd!" Matrona spoke up. "I have to stay behind. We can't pull out now." To which Diane argued back quite strongly, assuring her that she had a plan. Gilfrost didn't give them time to finish their argument, however and performed the spell then and there.

She took us to the castle in Liones and somehow, I don't know how, everyone got there in one piece. Only Gilfrost was obviously damaged by casting such a huge spell as she was clutching her chest while breathing heavily. Even though we were miles away from Vaizel, we could still feel the vibrations from the fight all the way here. Elizabeth was highly concerned about Meliodas' well being as was I. So I opened up All-Seeing Eye and the first thing everyone saw was blood. Dolor's blood from a huge slit wound in his shoulder put there by Meliodas who was still zipping through the air.

There was rapid sword swings in every direction and Gloxinia even tried to cast his Drop of Life healing spell which failed when Meliodas, pretty much, pounced on him and threw him hundreds of miles per hour before he slowed. Meliodas still had the upper hand when he reappeared behind him and swung his sword in all directions, pulverising him into the ground. It would have been surprising if he could still fly after that.

Dolor came back into action with a giant crystal spell he called Giga Pick which lifted Meliodas off the ground using a giant crystal that sprouted from the ground. This had no effect when he stood back up, unscathed and round-housed Dolor in the face and made him crash into the ground. Meliodas was nothing short of incredible. Even against two of the ten commandments, even while holding his own, he always had the upper hand.

Of course, King still has to turn this on its head and make it about the fact that Meliodas was an untrustworthy demon. I fully understand why he has trust issues with this new information. But whether he be a fairy, a demon, a human or any of the other races, he was always our captain and had never previously betrayed us. So why would he now? That was what I never got through to King. No one else could see his pettiness, however, and tried to be passive aggressive about it and trying to give the others his same idea, asking things like "Isn't it weird that...?" "It's funny how..." "It looks demonic, don't you think?" And so on. It was really getting under my skin. At least Ban had the same mindset as me.
"I don't get what you're arguing about." Diane spoke up. "Meliodas is a kind person, I don't think he's putting on a fake front at all. He's genuine through and through. Just like you, Harlequin. " She smiled and that seemed to do good job at turning King's mood around. Which immediately turned back to a pout when Gowther agreed to be on King's side.
"Just to be clear, I still haven't forgotten about you." He frowned at him.

Back to the fight, Meliodas was still on his feet with the other two barely able to stand up out of the dirt. To be honest, I was surprised they were both still alive.
"Meliodas... Why is it that you allied yourself with those humans? You know they're way beyond salvation." Gloxinia asked him.
"If you wanted, you could so easily claim the throne of the Demon King. Unfortunately, I can see something in you not so distant future... An absurdly powerful presence heading your way and with it... a pitiful, miserable defeat." Dolor added onto the the conversation which gave me a bad feeling. What was coming his way?

"Has pain and suffering changed you that much?" Meliodas asked them both. "If so, then I'll put you out of your misery right now!" He held up his sword, ready to give one more attack. He was interrupted by a crash and a thick dust cloud and I knew that this was going to be the end of his victory. The cloud cleared and everyone watching in the castle, all our blood ran cold as we sensed the deathly power that radiated from Vaizel like the sun. This was the worst possible scenario. We were all screaming at Meliodas to get away immediately... but he couldn't hear us.

The dust cleared to reveal eight figures. Eight demons with a short one with black hair slicked back and red clothing as their leader. He looked very similar to Meliodas in terms of height and the face. The two stood no more than a metre away from each other. Meliodas ad been well and truly cornered by the Ten Commandments.