Chapter 7

L E O N

We were sitting on the couch, on the last night of our break

We were sitting on the couch, on the last night of our break. Tomorrow I went back to school and Vlad, back to work. I was sad but I know we needed to enter the real world again soon. We could not just stay in our little bubble anymore.

"We have to go to bed soon love."

Said Vlad looking at the clock. We had an alarm set for 5:00am as Vlad would be needing to be in the office at 6:00am to get prepared and school started at 7:20. I groaned and sunk down. It was only 10:00pm!

"I know, I know..."

I said gloomy. I looked up at my mate who was already looking at me amused. I pouted and he leaned down and kissed it off my lips.

"So, when am I going to meet your family?"

I asked leaning up to play with his long curly hair. It was only down to the bottom of his neck, but it was still long in my opinion, it suited him though. He tensed up a bit and shrugged.

"I don't know, I'd like to wait until we get more comfortable with each other. It only been about two weeks since we've known each other."

Said Vlad making me eyes widen at how fast time went by. I nodded and agreed with my mate. It was his choice and I wanted him to be comfortable.

"We'll talk about my family another time; I'll explain a little more. For now, let us get to bed babe."

He said standing up and lifting me with him. I giggled and clung onto his broad and big body. He was massive and my lean framed was always dwarfed. We made it to his silk covered sheets, and he laid us down. I snuggled up against his body and felt warm and safe.

"Goodnight!"

We both said in unison causing more chuckles and laughs. I felt warm and happy inside and that was causing sleep to come in quicker. Closing my eyes, I gave him a sloppy kiss on the cheek and fell asleep on top of him.

*
*
*

The next morning Vlad let me sleep in for twenty minutes after the alarm as he used the shower. When it was my turn, he left the water on and I grabbed my school clothes and made my way into the gigantic shower.

I did my business and got out feeling awake and refreshed. When I was outside, I smelt food being cooked and cocked my eyebrow, I know the maid/cook does not get here until 9:30, So was Vlad trying to cook?

I made my way downstairs and found bacon on the stove in a baking pan cooked nicely and scrambled eggs.

"Not much but it's like the only thing I knew how to do without blowing everything up."

Said Vlad blushing. I awed and kissed him all over his sexy face.

"God your so cute!"

I said giving his nose a little peck and serving the both of us. We sat down and Vlad pushed an extra mug of coffee towards me, it was just the way I liked it- a lot of creamer and sugar. My heart got that full feeling again at the thought that he already knew how I liked my coffee.

We ate in comfortable silence and I grabbed my book bag once we were done and met him at his fancy car. He drove us to school, one hand on the wheel and one holding my hand. I smiled and thought about how happy I have been in these past two weeks just because of Vlad.

Once we made it to school Vlad gave me a peck on the lips and told me how much he was going to miss me. He promises we would eat lunch together and that I needed to pay attention since I missed some work. I frowned as we said our goodbyes but shook myself out of it.

I needed to be independent and not act like a child!

I pushed a content smile onto my face and made my way to all the teachers asking about missing work. I got all my work and had thirty minutes to spare so I started easiest classes to hardest. By the time the bell rang I had English almost done. I packed everything away and sighed and I made my way too Magic 5. Caroline was sitting beside my empty desk and her eyebrows shot up when she saw me.

"Oh, my goddess your back!"

She said gripping my arm when I sat down.

"You've got to tell me what happened! There so many rumors going around the school about you and your sister will not speak! I thought she didn't like you but she's really loyal about keeping a secret and just oh my goddess!"

She said her eyes wide and crazy. I laughed and pushed her nosy face away.

"So! Tell me what happened I magically swear I won't tell a soul!"

She says pulling out her glowing pinky finger. I quickly recite the spell in my head and my finger glows too as we pinky swear. She cannot break her promise now, so I know she is safe to tell.

"Well, I found my mate!"

I said smiling and holding my cheeks. She squeals and pulls me into a big hug and kisses my cheek sloppily. I hear a clearing of the throat and look to see Ms. Kiss looking at me expectantly.

"You wouldn't want me to tell the principal now, Mr. Leon, would you?"

She says with a raised eyebrow and a knowing smirk. I turn red, knowing she knows. Caroline groans, not catching on and moves away from me. We all go back to our business until Caroline nudges me.

"Can I come over after school today?! We have to catch up man!"

She looks genuinely happy to see me and I nod. I will just spend the night at my parents' house. I know they will not mind, and I want to hang out with my first devoted friend here! I do not think Vlad would like Caroline coming over so, parents place it is. I am sure he will understand.

After that class started and surprisingly Ms. Kiss let us have ten minutes early off class. Most kids just started in their homework while me and Caroline just spoke.

"So, what were you saying about rumors going on?"

Caroline's eyes widened at that.

"Yeah, so there's been a lot of rumors going on about where you went off too! Like I said we don't get many new kids just moving into an expensive school."

Yes, the pack paid for my family to go to school here as much as my parents worked. So, it was a win. We got a good education and the pack got good doctors.

"People said you got kicked out, got expelled after the whole Tyler incident with the Principle, found your mate, and even attacked the principle and that's why he was out too!"

My mouth widened at her words. Was it that important where I went off too? Holy shit! Me attack Vlad. Even if we were not mates, I know what trees I can climb, and he was not one. Well with magic but that is a whole other story.

"What the hell!"

She nodded her head and I put mine in my hands.

This was going to be a long day. 

EDITED 12/07/20