Louis let out a laugh, a strained laugh.

"Are you serious right now, Harry? I am desperate to touch you?" Louis' tone was mocking.

Harry gritted his teeth, "Why? Don't you want that, Louis? You are an alpha. Your first instinct is to claim me. No?"

Louis laughed, flaring his hands widely, "I am desperate to claim you? I am the leader of this pack. If I want, in a second," Louis snapped his fingers, "in a second I can make you mine, if I want, Harry. What do you think?" Louis' lips twisted up in a soured expression, "do you think that Nick can stop me if I really want you?"

Harry could hear the taunting layer of Louis' words. His eyes burned with unshed tears. He could not believe he went and humiliated himself like this. For his own mistakes, this disgusting alpha was dragging Nick now. Harry could bear anything but the insult of his alpha? No.

"Don't you dare drag Nick in this, Louis. Don't take his name from your dirty mouth," he shouted. Harry never dealt well with anger. Here humiliation was mixed in it.

Louis shook his head, his hands coming up to rub against his face. Louis shook his head, laughing in his hands.

"I don't deserve this, you know?" Louis said then.

He looked up to face Harry with a self-deceiving smile. Harry balled his fists beside him when Louis turned away from him.

"What? You don't have anything to say?" Harry prodded, leaning forward in his spite.

Louis went to splash some water on his face, leaning against the basin. Harry saw the alpha standing there, his back muscles twitching.

When the alpha turned to face Harry, Harry held his position. No, he was not weak. He would not back away.

Though it was not like Louis was going to pounce. Louis looked defeated, his eyes empty. The warmth from earlier gone and his expression blank. Harry faltered for a second.

"We can't do anything now but stay together. The council will not give us divorce until the end of ten months. But we don't need to torture ourselves like this either." Louis looked at Harry then, "I am going to move my things in Zayn's house. He lives alone. You stay here until the date comes and you can leave finally." The smile that Louis gave Harry was fake, Harry could see how the alpha was gripping the edge of the basin,

"I am sorry if I gave off that impression. If you ever felt attacked or something, it was not my intention. I am sorry."

Harry stared at the alpha. Louis was now moving ahead to open the fridge. He watched how Louis pulled out a granola bar and ripped the plastic off with more force than needed.

"If you go and stay with Zayn, the pack members will talk," Harry uttered. He was not comfortable when people pointed at him and made him the topic of their gossips. He was always conscious of it. Now if Louis went and spent his nights with Zayn, people would surely talk. They would look at him and make remarks.

Louis shook his head, chewing the bar slowly, "What do you want me to do then?"

"I don't know, maybe you should just stay away from me?" Harry asked, "you creep me out."

Louis nodded, his expression unreadable.

He left the kitchen after that. Not only the kitchen, in a minute or so, he left the house.

---***--- ---***---

Harry came downstairs to see the whole pack house was buzzing with excitement. He could not understand what was the reason for their excitement and he could not find out someone familiar to ask. Finally, over everyone's head, he saw Niall. A smile automatically came up on Harry's lips, he pushed through the crowd to reach near Niall and when he did, he hugged the omega from behind.