C h a p t e r 14

Early update for my love, amalinad0000! Love you, sweetheart! ❤❤ Thank you for all the lovely comments! I hope you'll like it!😙❤

"It's New Years tomorrow." Hermione informed him at breakfast.

" So ?" he asked.

" So, we're going to Harry's. "

Draco grunted. He had been dreading to face Weaslette after what he had done. Hermione, noticing the look on his face, spoke "Ginny understands, you know."

" Yeah. And that's what I need. Bloody Mrs. Potter to understand me.", he spat.

Hermione sighed. " Malfoy. We all have our days. You aren't the only one."

" Oh really ? Because I've never seen you shred things apart like a bloody lunatic." he seethed.

She rolled her eyes at him. " Calm down, Malfoy. It's not like you care what others think about you. Especially Weaslette.", she told him with a smirk that could rival his own.

" You're right."

" I'm always right. "

"Insufferable little know-it-all. "

"Loathsome cockroach."

"Bucktoothed beaver."

"Bouncy ferret."

"Minister.", he spat.

And Hermione burst out laughing. She doubled over in laughter and clutched her stomach. " Is that...is that the best you can come up with ?", she laughed. Draco couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him. Hermione froze. This was the first time she had heard him laugh. A genuine laugh. And she was disturbed by how much it affected her; how much it meant to her.

Draco cleared his throat. " So, what time ?"

"7 would be fine.", she told him before excusing herself.

What the hell is happening ? She thought as she tried to calm her heart that had almost ran away after hearing him laugh.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" Granger."

She heard him knock.

" What do you want Malfoy ?"

"I think you're forgetting, I don't really have a suit."

Hermione opened the door and stared at him like he was crazy.

" What do you need a suit for, Malfoy?"

" aren't we going to that party today?"

"Yes we are."

"I'm a Malfoy, Granger. "

"So?", she raised her brows.

" I don't bloody go to parties in pyjamas."

" Oh." It clicked. Of course he would want his lush-push, damn expensive clothes. "Newsflash Malfoy,  but I'm a girl and my suits won't really fit you."

" Shove it, Granger. Don't be so thick. I just want your permission to call my house elf. He'll fetch it for me. "

Hermione's eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared. " You have a personal house elf ?"

" Yes, Granger and he loves me very much so don't even try to get your S.P.E.W hopes up. "

Hermione's heart picked up pace. He hadn't said spew.