C h a p t e r 1

Hermione smiled at everyone as she walked into the elevator, sighing when it closed.

" Good Morning Minister.", she heard. She turned around and found a man smiling at her.

" Good Morning, Mister", she looked at him questioningly.

The man chuckled.
" Of course. I'm Lankort. Lankort Roberts.", he held out his hand.

Hermione ignored it but smiled warmly at him.

" Mr. Roberts.", she nodded at him before stepping out of the elevator.

She heard several other Good Mornings before she finally reached her destination. She flicked her wand and the door opened. She immediately felt a sudden coldness creep up on her and she quickly conjured her patronus.

An otter burst out of her wand and guided her way. She sat down on her chair and looked around. The room was circular and dark. The walls were made up of marble that was tainted to look black. There was a chair right in the middle of the room where the criminal would be getting the kiss. This was her first time in experiencing something like this. All senior death eaters were sentenced to the kiss at the time of Kingsley.

She groaned inwardly.  How would she do it ? She looked at the name of the death eater and swallowed hard.

Draco Lucius Malfoy.

She looked towards her right and saw Harry who had just entered. He smiled at her encouragingly and Hermione nodded and tried to smile back which came out as a grimace.

Draco Malfoy was brought in and Hermione felt her breath quicken. This wasn't at all the boy she knew. He was an arrogant, self centered, egoistic prat who always had that stupid smirk or sneer plastered onto his face. But this man......this man looked like a ....ghost ? A pale, bloodied and expressionless man. He looked as if he had already received the kiss.

He caught her eye and Hermione was unable to look away. There was so much.......emotion in his eyes. His eyes that were once dark and cold, were now so vulnerable that she could see right through him but couldn't....read him..

He looked away and Hermione lowered her gaze. Why was she not so sure about this ? Why was she feeling that this was wrong ? That this wasn't supposed to happen ? She hated him. No she hates him, then why ? Because this was her first time. Yes that's why. But, no?

" Hermione.",she heard Harry's voice. She snapped out of her trance and saw that everybody was looking at her. Her face flushed with embarrassment and she began to speak.

" You, Draco Lucius Malfoy,  are here to receive the...the dementor's kiss for the charges as follows;

You became a death eater willingly.
You allowed death eaters into Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
You fought for the Dark side.
And you still believe that it was right."

She looked up at him and saw that his eyes were unfocused.

" Should we allow them Miss?", one of the guards standing next to a veil asked her.

She didn't know why but she wanted to give him more time. More time for what; she didn't know.

"No, please. I'm not done yet. I'd like to remind you all of all the crimes that can lead to this end.", she cleared her throat and spoke nervously.

" So. Number one. ", she began reading from an endless scroll.
Harry looked at her questioningly but she skillfully avoided his gaze. She looked over at Malfoy and saw that he was sneering at her. Actually sneering! The guts of that man!

Hermione sneered back, her voice not faltering even once.

"That's quite enough, Minister.", growled Adam Smith who was the Head of Wizengamot.

She rolled her eyes at him and read one last crime before rolling the scroll back up, taking her time, and putting it into its precise place on the table. Everybody was frowning at her. She knew. But she didn't know why her heart seemed to be picking up pace.

" Allow them.", she said and she almost didn't believe that it was her own voice. The veil was lifted and two dementors glided in. She looked at Malfoy and saw....relief. ..In his eyes ??
She frowned at him and closed her eyes. She very much wanted to conjure a patronus but she knew she couldn't. She wanted to keep her eyes closed but her mind had other plans.

It was like torture, watching someone you know's soul being sucked out. Like literally. Hermione held her breath and watched as Malfoy's eyes, that were still on her, started becoming whiter and whiter. She clutched her wand in her hand and she knew just what she had to do.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM", everybody heard.

And it wasn't even her.

First chapter ya'll 🙌🙌🙌 Show me some love 💚💚 Don't forget to Vote and Comment! Much love 💚 Future chapters are going to be longer. This is going to be a slow fic wherein their relationship will take time to progress so please be patient 💚💚
P.s how awesome is the dramione vm posted above 💚💚