Cincuenta y Siete

Start from the beginning

"Miss Kana, what are you doing?" I just turned on the rice cooker when I heard our teacher, I look in Kana's direction

"cooking porridge"

"you need to put water in there" Kana nodded and she poured in water "you need to wash the rice grains first!"

"why? The rice grains looks clean" I shake my head then I look at Rin and saw her heating up something on the pan.

"miss Kana you don't put flour on porridge!"

"of course you put one ma'am how would the porridge be so sticky if you won't put flour" I face palmed.

"I'm done!" Rin confidently announced, making us look at her in surprise, fifteen minutes just passed and she's done? Miss Florence, head to Rin's station and look at the food cooking on her pan. And I stopped myself from running to her side when I saw that she had the fire on the highest setting

"miss Rin, the rice's not cooked yet, and the water is still in the boiling stage"

"precisely! The water's boiling so it's cooked already"

"no, it's still being cooked. Wai...." Miss Florence stopped when we heard a tud tud sound. All of us look at where the sound is coming from and I almost faint in place when I saw Kana cutting some vegetables. It's like she's cutting firewood "miss Kana!!!!!!!"

"what?" Kana asked innocently

"you go to the side right now!" Kana pouted but before she left she scope the mangled vegetables and was about to put it in her pan "stop! What are you still doing?"

"putting the vegetables in"

"stop murdering those poor vegetables, they already suffered enough!" Kana scratch her head "apologize to those poor souls right now!" Kana looked at miss Florence as if she's looking at someone who's lost her mind "apologize!"

"I'm sorry" miss Florence nodded her head.

"okay, you have some foundation......good........you need a little more practice" miss Florence checked each dish, from plating to taste. "good" miss Florence look at the maki rolls that are neatly arranged on the plate "looks like you're more advance that the others, considering that you've managed to create this sides" she point at the flowers that are made out of carrots that adorned the dish

"I'm still a beginner" Monique bashfully said

"now the taste" miss Florence took one and judging from her expression, the food taste good "it's delicious, with this you can even skip some of our lesson in the future and still make it" Monique gave a small smile. Miss Florence moved on next and it's on Rin. "miss Rin"

"yes?"

"did you just boil the rice?" Rin raised a brow, as if telling, it's so obvious do you still have to ask? Miss Florence sighed and just ignore her dish. "Miss Catherine" I gave her a smile "omurice?" she inspected my plain plating and nodded "looks plain" I almost want to remind her that she only wants to test our knowledge in cooking so she shouldn't expect us to give her a five star worth of food . she grab her spoon and scoop some as she proceed to taste my food. "delicious!" she exclaimed, she gave me a wide smile. "well then, to the boys at the back, this girls had made a lot so you can eat your shares". One by one the boys came and took some tastes. While miss Florence went to her table and started writing on her note.