Chapter 3: A lame party

Michael's POV:

It's finally Friday

I loved Friday's, they were the best.
It was the day I had chosen play rehearsal. Not only because I wanted to help Jeremy get Christine but I also, believe it or not, really liked acting.

The last bell rang, signaling that the school day was over. I heard a lot of people telling Jake that they were excited for tonight and everything. It was Halloween and Jake's yearly Halloween parties were legendary, everyone was invited. I didn't have a single thought about going and just as I laughed at the thought of me probably ending up alone in the bathroom, I felt someone laying their arm around me, taking me by surprise.
It was just Jeremy, I relaxed.

"Hey dude!" He said happily.

"Hey Jer, whats up?" I asked him.

"Nothing much, I'm just excited for the play rehearsal now" He laughed a little.

"Me too, I think it's gonna be so much fun! Let's head there already!" I said impatiently.

-

It was actually a lot more fun than I thought to be at the play rehearsal.
Jeremy had gone back to his usual "not talking/hunched over/anxious" self as soon as we walked in the room and he saw Christine which was fine by me, I was used to it after 12 years.
He was even more hunched over now that Christine was in the room.. I swear he's gonna end up looking like the Hunchback of Noter Dame if he keeps that position.
We were going to be preforming Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare and of course, Christine was playing Juliet. I also had no idea that Mr. Reyes was a drama teacher as well..

Jeremy suddenly appeared beside me giving me a shock (again.. I'm easily scared..)

"Hey Michael.. do you think we could go to Jakes party tonight??" He asked a little fidgety.

"What?! No absolutely not I'm not going to that stupid high school party!" I said more angry than I'd liked.

"Pleaseee?! Christine will be there! It's gonna be really fun I promise!!" He pleaded. I almost felt sorry for him.

"No Jer! Can't we just play video games?" I started to give in a little, I couldn't stand seeing him sad.

"I'll buy you CrystalPepsi" He said more secure this time.

God fucking dammit, this boy I swear..

"Count me in" I said without hesitation.

Then we both laughed and went home to him to get ready for tonight.