Chapter 12

I slowly open my eyes, trying to adjust to the lighting. 

Where am I? 

I've noticed the wallpaper before. They had the same wallpaper in the library down the hall. It was all golden. I looked at the time, it was noon.

What day is it?

I checked the calendar that was on top of the small table they had.

It's been 2 days...

I slowly get up and I feel a rap for wounds around my stomach. Out of nowhere, I realized something weird.

If I was out for 2 days, aren't I supposed to be hungry?

It hurts too much for me to move but I've seemed to manage. I get off the bed and walk to the door. I slowly peek my head out and the first thing I notice is the two guards standing there.

"Good morning my Princess, would you like any breakfast?"

"Oh, no thank you, but may I ask you something?" I say while looking down the hallway.

"Yes, my Princess, anything," he said while turning his body towards me. 

"Where's Lucas?"

"King Lucas is in his studies," he says. 

"Ok well, I'm in need of a drink. Can you please fetch me some tea?"

"Of course, my Princess," he walks away in a hurry. 

As he leaves, I see the other still standing guard. I give him a gentle smile as I slowly close my door and walk to my bed. Before I can sit down I hear the voice again.

"Josephina, you must get to the water. You must heal yourself."

I stare into plain space, trying to figure out where the voice is coming from.

"Show yourself," I raise my hand.

"Josephina, there's no need to be scared. I'm here to help."

"How am I sure you're not a darktist or a spy?" I ask defensively.

"Trust me..."

  "Okay...," I raise an eyebrow and put my hand down.

*knock knock*

"Come in," I say while sitting up a bit straight. 

"Princess Josephina, is everything okay? I heard you, talking to yourself," he says. I can hear the worry in his voice.

"Everything's fine, but change of plans. I'm going to need your help getting to the pool out back," while getting up slowly. 

"But Princess... your injuries haven't healed yet."

"Just trust me; I know what I'm doing," I say while gesturing for his help.

He nods and comes over to help me walk. I put my arm around his neck and we're off to the hallway. We make ourselves through the Palace till we're standing in front of the pool.

"Princess Josephina, your tea is ready," said the servant.

"Ok, give me a minute," I said.

I look at the water and see my reflection. I noticed my hair all messy and I blushed of embarrassment.

I've been walking around the palace like this... ew.

I took a step forward and touched the water. It's chilly, so I made it quick and fell right in. I felt myself shiver but after a while, I got used to the water I moved my hand around my face and made an air bubble.