The Gifted One

I'm back guys! I reread my story, and realized there are A LOT of errors! I'm going to go over my story again and fix the mistakes! 7/7/17

Let's start off where this all began...

One rainy day, a beautiful baby girl was born in the Kingdom of Cattleya, but on the same day, it was the most awful. The palace was under attack by powerful dark spirits called darktists. At that moment, the King sent his men to battle. The soldiers knew what the spirits were after and they swore they'd try their best to protect her.

The spirits were looking for only one thing: the power within the child. They knew how powerful she was and they wanted her so that they may use her to take over the kingdom. While their castle was still under attack, the King sent the Queen and their child to the back of the palace where a secret underground tunnel entrance was waiting to lead them to the forest. The King stayed back to fight the powerful dark spirits who hunted for his daughters magic.

"Go! Take her and run as fast as you can, and await me at the end of the dark woods near the lake," said the King. 

"Will you be alright?" she replied. 

"There's not much time," he sighs deeply. "I love you both very much," he says as he gently kisses his only child on the forehead. "Now go!" he commands. The queen runs through the woods and waits for him to come. Much time had passed, and when the Queen decided to go back for her husband the soldiers nearby had told her that he had been slain in battle. She started to cry softly and hug her baby tightly. Then stopped, when she heard something behind her. She quickly turned. There was a soldier fighting off one of the darktists who was about to stab her. 

"Go my queen!" he yelled.

Afterward the Queen ran quickly through the woods as fast as she could, but later on, she saw the spirits catching up to her. When she realized she was being followed she blasted them with light blue bullets of magic. Suddenly, she hadn't noticed one behind her, the shadow then shot a dark arrow towards her. All of the sudden the infant started to giggle and made a huge protection shield around her.  At this moment the queen shot at all of the dark spirits around her. The baby started to yawn and fall asleep, "Thank you little one," the queen said as she kissed her forehead. The Queen extended her arm with the small amount of strength she had left, used her magic to create a small wooden basket and necklace that read "Josephina."

She gently kissed her baby on her forehead and said: "We will soon be reunited, my Josephina. Always remember where you are from." She then gently pushed the magical wooden basket down into a magical path which led to earth as she did, a gentle tear rolled down her face.

(18 years later) In Georgia.

"Josephina come downstairs!"

"In a minute, I'm getting ready!" I'm looking around for my hair tie which is nowhere to be found. I look under my bed, "Ah, there you are." 

I walk downstairs wearing jeans and polo that has a picture of a donut with a blue hoodie hoping it would match my blue eyes and straight chocolate hair, which took me an hour to do. Also thinking I'll look presentable coming back from Christmas break.

"Honey you have to hurry and eat breakfast, you're going to be late," mom said.

"I know, I just couldn't find what to wear, so I just threw this on."

"You'll look beautiful in anything," she said as she hands me a toast with butter on it.

"Thank you, mom," I said with a smile. I checked my iPhone to see what time it was.