Chapter 5

I sit on the floor trying to process everything that had just happened within the last couple of hours. My eyes were still wide open.

 What is happening? How did it come to this?

 All of the sudden I hear a loud knock on the door.

 "Open Up! Police!"

 I look at Lucas who's trying to get me up. I stay sitting like nothing.

 "Come on Josephina!" he says while looking down at me.

 "Open Up!" police scream. All the sudden I hear the door being forced open. Lucas quickly moves his hands and makes some kind of blue powder appear. The police walk in and start to move quietly around the living.

 What's happening? Aren't they supposed to question us already?

 I look at Lucas who motions his finger to his lips telling me to stay silent. I nod.

 Oh, I get it! I'm invisible. I still haven't gotten the fact that magic is a thing now. I'm already tired of it.

 Once the police stopped searching around my house, one police officer grabbed his walkie-talkie and spoke.

 "No one here sir. The house is empty," he said.

 After about 15 seconds the man spoke back.

 "Okay, just report back."

 They start to leave and I slowly manage to get up.

 Once they close the door Lucas asks, "You ready?"

 "We're leaving now?" I asked surprised.

 "Yes," he says all serious. Jeez.

 "How are we going to get there? Cause I was thinking we can take my car."

 He starts to choke down a laugh.

 "What's so funny? I was only cutting your traveling plans short." I stare at him.

 "It's not that Josephine, the way-..." He starts to walk towards the back door.

 "Where are you going?"

 We walk outside to the backyard, he turns around and extends his hand. 

 "What?" I asked.

"Give me your hand," he insists. I look at him, then look back to my house. I look back at him and give him a small smile while I grab his hand. We start to walk directly into the woods. We walked for about a good 10 minutes before I asked, "How much longer? I told you were should've taken my car...," he starts to laugh gently. 

"We're here," he let's go of my hand and gestures around us. I look around and all I see is trees. "Um..." I utter. 

He slowly starts to wave his hand making some kind of blue purplish hole appear. He waves and waves in a circular motion. I walk around the back of the floating object, noticing it was flat from behind too.

 "Come here," he said.

 "Wow what? You want me to go in there?" I said while pointing to the thing.

 "It's safe, trust me," he said while extending his hand out. I thought about it for a moment. 

I'm going to die, aren't I?

I loudly sigh as I took his hand and walked in. I look down because the floor was so small. It only had room for Lucas and me.

 He grabs my waist hard as we walk in together. The feeling was so strange... this tunnel had an effect on me. I looked down and thought...