Epilogue

Daniel's Pov
-------------------

It's been about seven years since Riley died leaving behind her son  Tyler Jr. It was nice having Tyler Jr around because his attitude was almost exactly like his mom's so it was like she was still here.

Tyler looked more like his father but his eyes were his mothers.

He got my favorite parts of Riley.

Tyler is at the top of his class in popularity and in academics. Everyone loves little Tyler, even Kendra who's grown rather fond of him.

When Darius and I pick up Tyler from school one late afternoon Tyler is balling his eyes out so I instantly pull him in for a hug and ask, "What's wrong?"

"I got made fun of for nots having a mommy!" He says as his lip quivers slightly.

I let Tyler go before looking him in the eyes, "No, but your mommy was the kindest, prettiest, and the most amazing person I ever had the pleasure of meeting."

Tyler shakes his head, "Why can't I meet her!?! She's my mommy."

I look at Darius who starting kneeling down next Tyler, "Well buddy, it's because your mommy is in a better place."

"THAN WHY DIDN'T SHE TAKE ME!!" Tyler says making a couple worried parents look over.

"They don't accept kids." Darius says smiling slightly even though you can hear the sadness in his words.

Tyler wipes his face off before pulling my leg and Darius's body into a group hug, "How pretty was she?"

I smile as I pull my phone out, showing him the photo I took of Riley the first night she slept in my room, "The prettiest."

Tyler let's go off Darius and I and he grabs a hold of my phone before his eyes widen, "Wowwww, she is pretty! Now I know who I got my good looks for."

I nudge Darius who promptly begins laughing.

Tyler's birthday was a few days away and I still haven't got him anything but in that moment I had it decided, Id print out all the pictures I'd ever taken of Riley and I'd put them in a scarp book.

Riley hated having his photo taken but I'd secretly take pictures of her once I awhile.

I had over a hundred pictures of her in a folder on my phone tilted Human Banana.

I don't know why it's called that but it is.

"Will I ever meet my mommy?" Tyler asks handing my phone back.

"Maybe one day, but for now we better start walking home or your dad will send a search party looking for you."

Tyler begins running towards home so Darius and I share a knowing look before we begin jogging after him.

------------------

Okay guys, the book is over.