Chapter Fifteen

After walking in the house my stomach growled so Daniel brought me back to the kitchen where Mark Anthony was sitting at the breakfast bar drinking a cup of blood. 

He glances at me for a moment before downing the entire cup of blood and walking out of the kitchen as quickly as he can.

Daniel begins pulling random things out of the fridge, "What's that about?" 

I shrug looking down at the belly, "Don't know."

I don't know when I'm gonna tell Mark about the demon spawn in my belly but I know it won't be anytime soon. Having the morning after conversation was awkward, having the this is your baby conversation is gonna be even worse.

Fuck this, I'm never drinking again. 

I sigh looking back up at Daniel, "Do you have a phone I can use?"

"No." Daniel says as he begins cutting up a tomato.

"No, you don't have a phone or no I can't use the phone?"

"No." Daniel says moving onto the lettuce.

I sit down at the breakfast bar, "I need to call Tyler so he can let the cat lady know that I'm not running away."

After putting all the stuff he cut up in a bowl he pours ranch on it before setting it in front of me, "I can go visit them later. For now, just worry about eating."

"Salad?" I ask poking the green leafy stuff in the bowl with my fork.

Daniel walks around the breakfast bar and he sits down next to me, "Yeah, you're pregnant remember. You need to eat healthier, back when you were living here all you ate was chips and candy."

I begin shoveling the food into my mouth, "Why do you care about my baby?"

"Oh look its the whore." Kendra says walking in with Abigail in her arms.

Abigail practically leaps out of Kendra's arms before falling to the ground, wrapping herself around my legs, "RILEY!!!! I MISSED YOU RILES!!!!!!!!"

I set my fork down and I pick Abigail up before resuming my salad. Abigail is extremely obsessed with me and I'm okay with it because she's over three hundred years old yet she still looks like she's a child. 

She'll never know what she looks like as an adult and she'll never have a love her age. 

After finishing my salad I pick Abigail back up and I set her on the ground before washing my bowl and putting it in the dishwasher.

"So what's the plan today?" I ask turning back around to Daniel whos disappeared along with Abigail and Kendra. 

I make my way to the back door,  "Okay fine leave me!" 

I open the back door and I step out onto the porch before scanning the yard. The backyard is honestly magnificent. There's a huge pool in one corner of the yard and the rest of entire yard is filled with vibrant green grass. There's a basketball hoop pressed up against one of the fences and a small grey shed on the other side.

Upon finding nothing I walk out and I sit down in the grass in the middle of the yard.

They are doing a pretty shitty job at protecting me, I think as I look around. I can easily jump a fence and get away but Daniel would probably be pissed and I can't risk Tyler getting hurt.

I look back when I hear the sliding glass open, Mark Anthony is standing on the porch with a small lays chip bag. I look away as he begins walking towards me to avoid being weird.

Once he gets to me he drops the bag in my lap before sitting down next to me, "Daniel asked me to watch you, he's out doing something."

"Love having babysitters." I say as I open the chip bag up and eating one of them, probably making the same face of the little girl eating the Dorito in that one vine.

"Don't think of me as a babysitter, think of me as a friend looking out for another friend."  

I turn to Mark Anthony and I study his face for a moment. The more he talks the more I realize why I slept with him. He always knows what to say and when to say it. That and he's amazingly hot!

"How are you?" Mark Anthony asks as he lies down on his back, "I overheard Daniel say you were pregnant."

I copy him and I lie down on my back, setting the chips aside, "I'm scared."

He rolls over on his side to look at me, "You know I'm here for you Riley. Whenever you're scared or lonely, you can always come to me. I'll always be there with open arms."

"Resist urge to kiss." I say out loud by accident. I have a problem with saying stuff out loud, it always gets me in trouble. 

A small smile appears on his face despite trying to hide it, "You said that out loud Riley."

Both of us quickly sit up and I work to stand up but he pulls me back down so that I'm practically sitting in his lap and kisses me on the lips lightly.

I pull back after a moment of kissing, "What if someone sees us?"

Mark Anthony shrugs before putting his lips extremely close to mine, "No one's home but even if they were, I wouldn't care."

Mark Anthony nibbles on my lip softly before flipping me onto the ground and resuming kissing me.

Mark Anthony is turning into my kryptonite and I'm perfectly okay with that.