Chapter Thirteen

After scheduling my next appointment Tyler and I exited the building only to bump into the one and the only Darius. He's talking to some girl who was running around when we got here. 

"Riley," He says turning his attention to me, "I see you got yourself a new boyfriend."

"I see you're still a dick." I say as I try to walk away but he grabs my arm making Tyler step in front of me protectively.

"Let go out her." Tyler says getting extremely close to his face.

"Riley, call your man off or I'll kill him," Darius says roughly, "You know I will."

I pull Tyler back so Darius releases his grip on my arm. 

"Good," Darius looks down at my stomach before looking up at me surprised, "You're pregnant? It's been close to two months and you're already pregnant!? Kendra was right, you are a whore."

Darius looks at me disgusted before interlocking hands with that jogger girl and walking off.

Tyler turns to me with an angry face, "Who was that?! And how did he know you were pregnant? We barely just found out."

I sit down on the bricks surrounding the sign, "Well that was the nephew of the guy who got me pregnant and I guess he just guessed since we came out of a baby doctor together."

I honestly don't know how he knows I'm pregnant, I might have to ask him someday. 

"So ice cream..." I say glancing down at my belly.

 "That's a terrible name for a baby." Tyler says rolling his eyes at me.

I throw mulch at him so he begins laughing as he wraps his arms around me, picking me up.

"Put me down!" I giggle scream at he twirls me around, "Tyler!"

Tyler sets me down gently on the ground, "Fine, we'll go get ice cream. Tyler Jr needs to eat or he's gonna grow up to be his mom!"

I stand up, I act offended, and I punch him in his arm, "Rude! I happen to know the mom and she's amazing!"

I've broken back out of my introvert shell all thanks to Danie. That's the only good thing he's done for me other than not leaving in the cold.

"Yeah she is." Tyler says as we begin to walk to walk towards the McDonalds down the street, "But I hear she snores."

"I do not snore!" 

"You tell yourself that!" Tyler says pushing me slightly, "I'm the one that shares a room with you."

"And you fart while sleeping!" I say pushing him back before I begin running down the street with him chasing me.

I'm much faster so I reach the McDonalds faster than him.

"Why aren't you tired?!" Tyler asks out of breath leaning against the glass window.

I shrug, "I don't get tired from running."

"We just ran a mile!" He says wheezing.

"We barely ran a couple feet Tyler!"

 Tyler pulls the door open, "Couple feet my ass."

Once we get inside we order two vanilla cones before making our way to the play place. The ice cream machine is actually working for once so Tyler and I eat our cones with happiness.

Afterwards, we fuck around on the play place going down the slide, going up the stairs, and twirling the toys at the top, until one of the teenaged workers come in and tell us to get out.

It was late so Tyler and I didn't take much time getting home. We don't live in the worst area in the world but it isn't the best either.

Once we get home we both change into more comfortable clothes before Tyler lies down on my bed and I curl up next to him.

There's nothing romantic between us, our relationship is purely friendly. 

"I'm scared," I say as Tyler begins running his hands through my hair, "I can barely take care of myself, how the fuck am I supposed to take care of a baby?"

Tyler hesitates running his fingers through my hair for a mere second, "I could help raise it." 

I look up at him, "You turn eighteen in two weeks Tyler and you can leave and never look back."

Tyler bites his lip softly, "But I don't want to leave you Riley."

"Why not?"

"Because you're smart, funny, and most of all you're my best friend." He says leaning down to kiss my forehead.