Chapter Twenty

Josh and I walked north for almost four hours. By the time we arrived at our destination, a small cabin in the forest, the sun was starting to rise, my feet hurt, and I was extremely hungry. 

The entire trip I tried asking him questions but he just ignored me or gave me dirty looks.

Once we step into the messy old-fashioned cabin the bad feeling came back. This was a terrible decision.

After Josh closes the door behind me I turn around and I survey the room. There's a table shoved in one corner of the room with loads of books and maps thrown across it, a tiny kitchen with a small stove and a small dirty white fridge on one side of the cabin, two doors on either side of the room, and on the last side of the small cabin, there's a dirty ripped couch in front of a lit fireplace. 

There is someone sitting on the couch and when they stand up and turn around I clench my fist out of anger.

The lady has light long blonde hair to her butt that's slightly unkempt, light light grey eyes like me, she's so skinny her ribs are practically showing, she has tons of makeup on to cover up facial scars from a meth addiction, and she's wearing a tight grey shirt with a blood stain on it and tight light blue booty shorts.

I know who this lady is despite the lighting and the excessive makeup. This lady in front of me is my birth mother. She has the same small nose as me, the same blonde hair, the same freckle right under her left eye, and the same grey eyes. 

She's practically my twin other than the fact that my hair is to my shoulders and it's lighter and she's a couple inches taller than me.

No one says anything for a good minute until she falls to her knees in front of me crying, "H-honeyy?"

"Don't call me that!" I say as I go to turn around but Josh steps in front of me so that I can't get to the door, "Move!!"

Josh shakes his head, "No. Talk to her, she'll explain everything."

"I don't want an explanation from her!! I want to go home and go to sleep!" I say gritting my teeth to keep from punching someone.

"Please let me explain!!" My mother says grabbing ahold of my arm. Somehow she got off of the ground and recomposed herself quickly like it was a show to make me feel bad for her.

I turn around to face her, "You were nowhere to be found when dad threw me off that bridge and almost killed me!"

She goes to say something but I cut her off.

"I was in the hospital for almost a month and the only person who came back for me was Josh! He traveled across the country for me and yet you couldn't be found!! I was thrown in foster home after foster home. Some were okay while others I was beaten, abused, starved, and even raped! All because meth was so much better than taking care of your daughter!" I reach up and I wipe the tears from my eyes and face, "You're not my mother and I will not listen to your excuses."

I turn back around and for some reason, I get a surge of strength and I'm able to push my brother aside. I tune everything out as I open the cabin door and I begin running only to be grabbed from behind by someone strong and musky smelly. 

"Let me go!!!" I scream thrashing and scratching at his face and sides which doesn't seem to faze them.

"Stop fighting, I'm much stronger than you." His voice sends chills up my spine and I begin crying much harder. I'd never forget my father's voice. 

Out everyone I've ever been afraid of, he's at the top of my list right above my last foster father which is saying a lot.

Without even thinking about it I begin shaking. I should never have followed Josh. It was a mistake. Josh is supposed to be dead, my mother is supposed to be far away, and my father should be in prison, yet they're all together at this cabin.

For the first time in a long time, nothing made sense. Even vampires made sense to me.

"L-l-let me go." I say through a shaky voice.

I don't want to act scared in front of him but my body doesn't want to listen to my plea's to stop shaking and crying.