Chapter 11 : Pregnant

Nicole

I walked around my house smiling like a fool, thinking about yesterday at Elite's house. It was by far the best day of my life. Today he had to go to physical therapy, so I couldn't see him but I was damn sure thinking a lot about him.

I joined my my mom in the kitchen and pecked her cheek.

"Good morning, mommy," I smiled brightly at her. She cocked an eyebrow up at me.

"Why you so happy?" She asked, sipping her coffee, with her eyes still glued to the newspaper in front of her.

"I just missed you, ma," I said, sitting across from her. She chuckled as if I just told her a joke.

"YOU missed ME?" She asked putting an extra emphasis on you and me. I rolled my eyes and smirked.

"Yes, mommy, why are you surprised?" I replied, getting up to fix myself a bowl of cereal.

"I feel like every time I turn around you're with your friends," She stated, looking up at me. "Especially that Elite boy that I have yet to have met."

"Ma..." I couldn't help but grin at the sound of his name. "You will soon."

"Are you two having sex?" She asked, randomly, taking me by surprise. My heart raced. Could she have known? But how?

"Uh, no, mommy, why would you say that?" I asked, playing it cool.

"Just asking, I am not raising grandchildren, Nicole. Not now," She said, closing the newspaper. "There already too many bills to pay around here."

"Well you don't need to worry about grandchildren anytime soon," I promised.

"Mhmm and oh yeah, I forgot to tell you," She added, standing up to rinse out her cup. "Your dad is coming to visit in a few days."

I sucked my teeth softly, rolling my eyes. My dad was the last person I wanted to see right now. I already to deal with Duran being around again, why the hell would I want him around for?

"What does he want?" I asked, bluntly, taking a spoon full of Captain Crunch.

"He just wanted to see the house and check up on us," My mom shrugged. "You know, all that stuff."

"Well why does he even care?" I uttered.

"Now Nicole, be nice. He's still your father and he wants to check up on you. You have to learn how to let go of the past, baby," She said, folding her arms, facing me. "The past is the past and there is nothing we can do about it. But we can change the present. Now I'm not asking you to pretend that nothing happened, but at least show him that you appreciate him trying."

I sighed, dropping my spoon in my bowl and watch it disappear in the milk. I suddenly didn't want to eat anymore. "Okay, I will."

She smiled and pecked my cheek. "Thats my girl. Now I'm going out for the day with Kent."

I looked at her with an arched eyebrow and a smirk. "Kent?"

She laughed. "Don't look at me like that. It's not even what you think. We're just friends."

I giggled. "Okay, ma, whatever you say."

She mushed my head playfully and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you later. I love you and no sex!"

I laughed as she walked out the house. I decided to text Elite to ask him how therapy was. But as I grabbed my phone, it started to ring. It was Gigi.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Nicki, I really need your help," She said anxiously over the phone.

"Gigi, whats the matter?" I asked, concerned.