02 | Oops

╔══════════════════╗

SKIN & BONES
ii. OOPS

╚══════════════════╝

"IS SHE DOING IT?"

"I can't tell... Rory, are you doing it?"

"Guys, shut up! She needs to concentrate!"

"Wait, I think she's doing it."

Fluttering her golden eyes open, Rory abruptly whipped her head around. A bolt of lightning crashed down beside her as she glared at those around her. "I can't do anything if you're all gonna keep screaming in my ear!" she complained, irritated.

She sat on the grass with her legs crossed over one another. Ever since Bella and Edward had left Forks for their honeymoon, things were anything but interesting for the Olympic coven. Perhaps that was because there was no real danger for them to deal with anymore. Forks was calm for the first time in three years.

That being said, the Cullens sought out Rory Swan as their source of entertainment. They were fascinated by watching Rory train her gifts. Despite the fact that Rory was very independent and a fast learner, they never failed to honor her presence when she was training.

In the past couple of months, Rory had officially mastered the manipulation of the weather, the main elements, gravity, thoughts, visual projections, and emotions. While this seemed like an extensive list, there was still much to learn. Now that Stella had left Forks once more, Rory had taken an interest in learning the ways of time.

Rory looked around at the people observing her that August afternoon. "Seriously, guys, it's only been two weeks since they left. Is there nothing else you could do to waste time?"

Jasper shrugged, sitting beside his girlfriend with a fond smile on his face. "Well, you're my girlfriend, so I have an excuse."

Rosalie and Emmett exchanged glances in an attempt to come up with a proper excuse, but all Emmett could muster up was, "We're just so bored, Rory, please!"

She folded her arms over her chest. "What exactly are you doing, anyway?" Rosalie wondered. "I thought you mastered the elements already?"

Rory looked down at the potted flower sitting directly in front of the immortal teenager. "I did," confirmed Rory. "I'm trying to figure out how time works now." She adjusted her sitting position, feeling much like a professor in a lecture as she continued to speak, "See, it's a bit trickier using a plant because I could easily just manipulate the plant into growing. However, I'm trying to see if I can speed up time within the plant to allow it to grow."