2

Tony wandered his way into the small yurt like tents that were grouped around a small lake under the hill. Eventually, he located Happy's distraught voice and followed it to the source. He ducked into the small structure, realizing while Wakanda was going to serve as a base for everyone aiding the Avengers, there were probably not enough of the high tech buildings to house them right away.

He entered the space to Happy trying to ignore Parker while he wildly threw questions at him about everything that happened and everything that was to come. He tuned it out, focused on his own thoughts as he poured himself a glass of water at the small hand crafted table placed in the corner. It almost reminded him of camping, having to use water from a pitcher...

"Mr Stark!" he heard Peter gasp upon his entrance, stealing his attention. "Mr Stark, I'm so sorry, I just thought-"

"Save it, kid," he muttered, taking a sip while he stayed turned away from the two.

"But I-" he protested, but Tony wasn't in the mood.

"I said not now," he snapped, finally turning toward Parker.

The kid's mouth was agape, not knowing what to say. For once, words weren't coming, and Happy sighed in happiness from the other side of the tent. Stark kept his eyes on Parker, taking another sip, but spoke to Happy instead.

"Is F.R.I.D.A.Y. still up and running in New York?" he asked, wondering how the rest of the world was fairing and if Thanos had been unleashed yet.

"So far everything's still good," Happy confirmed, setting down his tablet. "Though Central Park took a beating."

"The portal must not be opened yet..." Stark muttered, finishing off the water.

"So the ring's still there...?" Parker piped up, looking at Happy and then back at Tony.

"No thanks to you." He paused. "Funny, if you gave me a dollar for every time I've said that to you recently..."

Happy snorted in amusement from his seat.

"I...I tried, Mr Stark," Peter insisted again. "I didn't expect-"

Tony glared daggers at the kid, fury rising in his eyes. "I don't want to hear it, okay?" he yelled with a new found authority in his tone. "What you did... Did you even think about everyone else?"

"Well, yeah..." he answered with a shaky voice. "I was sort of trying to save the planet!"

"No, you were trying to be the hero again," Stark answered, making Happy chuckle at how ironic that statement actually was. "I can't watch you and Pepper and..." He paused, realizing he hadn't had a chance to drop the news.

"And?" Happy asked, suddenly interested.

Tony shot him a look, then turned back to the kid. "Look, kid, I fought for you to be on this team. We need you. Earth needs you. But if you can't keep your head in the game and listen to my directions-"

"To your directions?!" Peter snapped. "Since when are you in charge?"

"Since I gave you the suit," he answered without missing a beat.

Parker muttered something in defeat under his breath, but sunk down into one of the cushions along the side of the room, now embarrassed and upset. Tony sighed, repeating him, and placed his head in his hands as he took a breath.

"I'm sorry," Parker finally spoke, quietly. "I didn't mean....is miss Potts-"

Tony groaned, knowing the secret was about to come out. He still didn't know how he felt about it so he didn't want to think about how everyone else was going to react. Suddenly, he wished that water was scotch...he needed a good drink.