Chapter 1

A/N: There is absolutely NO copywriting my story. This story is purely fictional and none of the characters are real.

There may be mature content (haven't decided). This is my first work of the supernatural. I hope you guys enjoy it :)!

------------------

The forest was my sanctuary. It's the best place in the world to let my inner wolf roam free and explore. After that conversation with my father, who happens to be the Alpha by the way, she was itching to shift to relieve some stress. She believes in souls that are destined to be together just as much as I do, and being told that we were being forced to mate with one of the other pack's Alpha's son. Cliché I know, well, let's just say, it didn't go so well..

Flashback to an hour ago...

"Aria! I need you back at the gathering hall right now.." I could hear my father's roars in my head as I rolled my eyes and left my friend, Camilla, to tend to whatever my father my need now. Little did I know that it was something undesirable.

I pranced into the gathering hall, passing the warriors of the pack. All of them bowed down to me, which makes me feel uncomfortable. I just want to feel normal for a change. But then I noticed wolves I didn't know.

'Aria.. I don't like this. I have an icky feeling', Layla, my inner wolf, echoed in the back of my mind. I silently agreed with her, as I cautiously walked up to my father. He defiantly had the Alpha appearance. Silver hair, with jet black eyes. If you think his human form is intimidating, you should see his wolf. He's jet black with one spot of brown fur on his chest. Other than the fact my father dresses like it's the 19th century, my mother on the other hand was the complete opposite.

Since she was the Luna of the pack, she had that loving, kindness about her. She is the one that brings that aura of 'family' amongst the village. I watched her as she clanged against my father's arm. I inherited her looks for sure, her wavey chestnut hair fell perfectly on her shoulders and when you looked into her hazelnut eyes, you could possibly see a hint of sadness.

I was snapped back to reality when my father cleared his throat. He was looking at me in a manner that I needed to bow my head down to the fellow that was next to him, and unconsciously I did.

"Aria, this is Alpha Hunt of Arcadia Pack", he gestured his hand that introduces people to one another. I shook Alpha Hunt's hand firmly to let him know I'm serious. He seemed to notice my impression and shot a smile of pearly white teeth at me. I sheepishly smile back.

"Alpha Hunt, it's a pleasure to meet you", I confidently say.

"Likewise Aria, and this is my Luna Kiera", a small petite woman emerged from behind him. She was gorgeous to say the least. She had blonde hair that has hints of brown that flowed down her back. She squinted her light green eyes at me before saying, "Hello, Aria! I'm so glad to finally meet you! You are so much more beautiful in person".

I blushed at her comment, "Oh thank you! But look at you, I need your beauty secrets for when I start to age", she giggled at my comment but it was the truth. Her skin was so flawless that you could hardly tell that she ages at all. I guess some people are gifted that way.

"Enough chit chat", my father growled, I rolled my eyes obviously, "We are here because of business".

"Ah, yes. Aria, please meet my son, Nixon", a very handsome young man stepped out of my peripheral vision. He was gorgeous, I'm not going to lie, but he's aura turned me off completely. As he leaned down to shake my hand, hes blonde hair flew against his forehead and he flashed me his pearly whites that showed a little bit of his wolf's fangs.

"Nice to meet you Nixon", I shook his hand still confused about the whole situation. His hand lingered in mine for longer than a minute and it kind of creeped me out. I yanked away slowly trying not to get noticed.

"Mom, what's going on?", I turn to question her but all I heard was a whimper from her wolf as she looked away from me. My face was puzzled and Alpha Hunt could tell, "I thought she already knew of the arrangements Maximus?", Alpha Hunt spoke directly to my father.

He straightens up his shoulders and spoke, "She does not, but I assure you it does not interfere with what already is decided". I turn to my father, "Decided? What are you taking about father?".

"You are to be marrying my son Nixon. It's to help make our packs one and stronger than ever", Alpha Hunt explains to me. I look at Nixon who is giving me a wink, and Layla growls in disapproval. I look at my father and mother who dare not to look me in the eye and tell me it isn't true. By the time I'm done looking at everyone, my mouth is wide open.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so I did what I always do best. I ran.

I ran as fast as I could to get away from that disaster. I heard my name being called by the Alpha, but I didn't care. Most people have the desire to listen to their Alpha and bow down when they have to, but I don't. I have the ability to make my own decisions and command myself.

Soon Layla was crying out to me to shift and so I let her take over. It's a quick process since I've been shifting since I was 12. It's not nearly as a painful process as it used to be. I could feel my claws coming out, and my fangs emerging from my gums. I licked my teeth and closed my snout as I was completely in my wolf form.

And that's what brings us up to now. I lay my head against the cool rock as I watch my reflection in the water. I was a beautiful wolf, I'm not going to lie. I look nothing like my mother or my father's wolf. Layla has silver fur with patches of black and a hint of a blueish-black tint that could be seen in the sunlight. My eyes also change to blue unlike every other wolf. No one else has changes in their eye color.

I guess that's why I also feel so different. It wasn't always this way. My parents loved me, and they always talked about how finding your mate was the most important thing in your life. I looked up to my parents. They were the definition of the mate bond. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they want me to mate to someone who isn't mated to Layla in the wolf realm.

The wolf realm is where your inner wolf meets their soulmate, and eventually I'll meet mine. When I knew Layla growled at Nixon, his inner wolf was no mate to me. I could never make Layla love someone she didn't want to.

'How are we getting out of this one Aria?' Layla cooed in my head.

'I don't know.. but I'll figure something out..', I answered her back, but I had no plan what so ever.

Suddenly I heard crunching of leaves, and my ears perked up to listen carefully to the sound. Layla let out a low growl to intimidate the intruder for entering secured grounds. Apparently, that didn't stop the wolf from coming out of the forest into the opening. I narrowed my eyes at the wolf as I lowered my head to growl once more, but Layla was fighting me on being cautious. I felt her mind go in different directions which caused me to have a headache.

'What is the matter with you Layla!', I scowled her in the back of my mind.

'Don't you feel that? And that smell..', I could feel her paws getting weak and as soon as I thought we were about to hit the ground, the strange wolf suddenly caught us by leaning against my side. His wolf form radiated heat that was so soothing, I could fall asleep right there. I didn't know this wolf, nor did I want to because of the way he's making Layla feel. He couldn't possibly be our mate.

I couldn't handle anything else today, let alone meeting our mate finally. I shoved the thoughts into the back of my head. I could feel myself losing Layla, and she blocked me out of her thoughts.

But before we completely lost ourselves in the black abyss, I was able to catch a glimpse of the wolf's eyes.

Yellow eyes. A beautiful reflection of the sun's rays.

-----------------------