"Vacation with my cousins. Nothing too deep."

"Cool. There go my mom. Ima holla at you later."  We did our handshake before I walked away.

"Hey, mom." I greeted hopping in the front seat of her charger.

"Hey, baby. How was school?"

"Boring and long. I'm glad it's spring break finally."

"I know you are." She chuckled.

She drove us home and stopped in front of our house. "You going back out?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have a few errands to run. You'll be okay for a few hours?"

"Yes, ma'am. Just call me if you need anything."

"Okay and take that pack of chicken breasts out of the freezer for me. That's what I'm making for dinner."

"Uh huh. I got you." I said getting out getting ready to shut the door.

"Aye!" She yelled. "Do not forget to do it."

"I won't!"

I walked into the house and went up to my room to get out of my outside clothes. I had homework, but I also had all spring break to do it.

After getting a snack from the kitchen, I turned on some YouTube. I don't know how long I was watching before I heard the door, but I groaned and got up to answer it.

"Who is it?" I yelled before looking out of the peephole and seeing Jay.

I swung the door open and eyed him. "Man, what you want now?"

"Where ya moms at?"

"Not here. What you want?" I asked again.

"She ain't been answering. I figured I'd come through and check on her."

"That ain't your job, big homie. I take care of my mom."

"Relax, man. Your mom needs a MAN and that's me. I'm sorry about all that shit that happened with the drugs, but Ima still end up with your mama... Even though we not even talking right now. She stamped for life."

I was definitely fuming on the inside. My mother was not going to be dealing with this clown anymore after today and I was going to make sure of it. "Get out of here, Jay."

"Tell her to call me. aight, LIL man?"

He put emphasis on 'lil' and I sucked my teeth. "Yeah okay." I lied. I wasn't going to tell her to call him, I wasn't even going to tell her that he came by.

"G'looks. See you later then." Jay said reaching for a handshake. I swatted his hand away and shut the door.

I made my way back to my room and picked up my phone to make a call...

'911. What's your emergency'

"Yeah um... I'd like to report a drug dealer."

Present
B.

I was at a loss for words. I really had no idea what to say or how to react. I had mixed emotions about the entire situation.

"Deadass?" I finally got out.

"I'm so sorry, ma! I swear I didn't know you were pregnant. I just called the police on him so he wouldn't be able to influence you and win you back. If I had known you was having his baby I wouldn't have done that. I was young and stupid. I'm sorry." Karim pleaded is case.

I was just about to tell him to get out of my room, but before I could—

"You did what?!" Jay asked standing in the hallway.

⬇️ NEW STORY POSTED. ⬇️