24 B. The scars II

Beginne am Anfang

In those moments of his self-rebuke and trying to defend himself he found himself standing face to face with his wife who was standing with the cradle of the phone held in her hand which soon started shaking seeing him before it slipped from her hand and crashed there on the floor when he took a step to her.

Seeing him moving towards her she retreated her steps petrified and right there at the left side of his chest his heart crushed the same way he has crushed hers not so long ago.

Revenge is like a parasite, an infection that when it infects you it deranges not only the normal functions of your body but also flows like a plague in your blood. If you don't treat it, it grows and spreads to every organ in your body and eventually nothing remains normal inside you. Nothing remains pure. Neither you nor your feelings even if you have any whatsoever.

Same things was happening with Arnav Singh Raizada as even if he had feelings for his wife, those were mixed with that parasite, that infection in his body. Eventually nothing remained pure. Actually nothing remained there at all because next moment Khushi found herself there on the floor as his hand struck her cheek hard before he crashed the telephone against the wall ahead vengefully.

"Who gave you the permission to touch anything in my house?" He growled standing over her head who was still processing of what was actually happening to her.

Holding back her sobs while tears soaked her cheeks, she looked up with her hand on her imprinted cheek.

"I-I wanted to talk to my family." She stuttered crawling back on the floor while looking up at him frightened.

Oh she wanted to talk to her family after reducing his only family to bed huh?

Let's see!

"Sure. You can." He said taking out his cell and extending it to her. Khushi who wasn't meeting his eyes till now shot her eyes up to him in surprise.

Then she saw the same man with whom she has fallen in love with, with whom she has agreed to marry.

The monster from the last night and this morning was gone.

He was flipped. All over again.

"She would give him tough time. She knows what he is doing for her yet she is finding reasons to negate his efforts by any means possible." Akash spoke to which they all agreed.

"He knows that Akash. Don't worry about that. I have been constantly in touch with him." Shashi said to which they all nodded praying in their hearts that things work out for the couple one way or the other.

Akash and Payal along with Pari left to their home an hour later bidding bye to everyone.

"Okay, I'll talk to him. Now eat." Shashi said with a sigh when at night they all gathered at the dining and Khushi refused to touch the food.

She didn't know but she was behaving the same way their old Khushi did whenever she wanted something from her father. Shashi and Garima exchanged a knowing look of happiness. Their real daughter was coming back and they had no one but Arnav to thank for that.

"You will?" Khushi asked expectantly.

"Oh sure I will. He must be coming any minute from now."

"Matlab? (Means?)" Her ears perked up while her heart skipped a beat.

"He will join us for dinner, Khushi. Simple."

Khushi dropped her head in her palms.

"Why did you call him here?" She whined.