Chapter sixteen ~ Melody (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry about it honey."

"Psh . . . I am driving." She stated and returned to the driver seat.

I rolled my eyes, closing the trunk. I pushed the cart over to the worker who was collecting the carts, nodded and head back. I sat in the passenger side and was relieved to feel the warm breeze from the heater.

"I need to stop in my house." I told her as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Alright, where do you live?" She asked

"Carpenter Ave." I answered.

"I know how to get there." And with that she was on here way with out any trouble.

"Good. I just need to get a few things for the night and to make sure my mother is alright." I explained. I wasn't ashamed to say I was boy who looked after his mother.

After all, she's what I had left. I couldn't afford to lose her too.

"Does your mom plan to re-marry?" Suri asked suddenly.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I've never took the time to worry about that." I admitted.

Now that Suri mentioned it, it began to make made me wonder as well. Would my mother want to re-marry? She has never showed any interested in men since father left.. Just work, drinks with her friends and other priorities.

"Would you be mad?"

"I'm not sure but she deserves to be happy. So I don't see why not." I answered truthfully and then added. "Just like you."

She gave me a side ways glance. "Hmm . . ."

"What," I asked looking over at her.

"Nothing."

"Are you sure."

"Of course . . . I'm just thinking."

"About what," I pressed, gazing out the window as we passed by houses after houses.

"Well about a lot of things." She grinned.

"Tell me."

"I am just admiring how you just waltzed into my life and is magically erasing all my pain away."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean a few weeks ago I was extremely depressed. I was always stuck in my room and now look . . ." She explained throwing a hand in the air.

"Is that bad?"

"Absolutely not . . . I couldn't ask for a better savior, Greg. My personal tourniquet." She said giving me a sideways smile.

I grinned and gave her hand a light squeeze. "I couldn't agree more."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure . . ."

She purged her lips for a second and I waited. I wondered what she had to ask. She gave me an innocent glance and asked, "are you a virgin?"

I snorted. What a question. Usually it's a boy snooping and being noisy to know something private like that. And here she was the one asking me.

"I am not." I answered.

"How many times?"

"Suri . . ." I laughed.

"What?" She half laughed. "I just want to know."

I sighed. "It always help if you say the truth, not that I would lie. So I lost my virginity to a girl I didn't even know."

"How did that happen?"