F̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆e̺͆t̺͆ h̺͆o̺͆w̺͆ t̺͆o̺͆ s̺͆p̺͆e̺͆a̺͆k̺͆?

Shuichi didn't say anything. There was no way he could try and explain without making himself look extremely guilty of being the mastermind of the killing game. He could hardly try and explain that he had already completed the killing game but he went back in time somehow to do it all again and try and save the lives of people who had previously died. He would never belive that, it sounded like bullshit.

"I-Uhh.."

Kokichi crossed his arms and stared at Kokichi expectantly.

Shuichi didn't know how to start. "I—uh—"

Kokichi raised an eyebrow, noticing Shuichi's strange behaviour. It was clear to him that he was hiding something that he couldn't easily explain.

"Just get out."

Kokichi was taken back but he tried to maintain his normal jokey facial expression to try and hide his shock. "Why do you want me to leave all of a sudden? Caught in a lie are we?!"

Shuichi took a deep breath, trying to stay calm, not getting agitated. "Please, just go.."

Kokichi was about to retort back a response but when he noticed the sadness in Shuichi's eyes, he decided not to give a sarcastic or cheeky comeback this time.

"Fine Mr Detective! I'll go!—"

"Really?" Shuichi exclaimed without thinking, shocked that Kokichi actually decided to listen to him. This had never happened before. Maybe this Kokichi really was different from the Kokichi from the first killing game.

"—but I'll be back. This isn't the last time I'll be in your room.." Kokichi flashed a cheeky, childish smile at Shuichi before walking out of the room.

Shuichi quickly closed the door after him then lent against it, trying to wrap his head around the events that had just occurred. He could feel his heart pounding heavily and when he placed two fingers on his neck to check his pulse, it was racing out of control.

It had never been this fast.

Why was his pulse this fast? The excitement? The adrenaline rush? The fear?

It was defiantly due to the adrenaline rush.

That was close. That was too close. Kokichi was onto him.. he couldn't let anything else slip..

He knew that he couldn't stress about something as stupid as a increased heart rate, he had bigger things to worry about. He had to try and stop the second murder, preventing Kirumi's and Ryoma's deaths.

He had to solely focus all of his attention onto preventing the murders. And nothing else.

Shuichi took a deep breath, locked his door, got changed into some shorts and a t-shirt then laid down in his bed to try and get to sleep.

...........................................................................................................................

It wasn't long before morning came but Shuichi hadn't slept. He was too worried about what would happen to Ryoma and Kirumi if he was unable to do things differently this time.

Because he hadn't slept, he had dark circles under his eyes and his face was pale as a white sheet. He looked half dead.

He quickly got changed into his 'Ultimate' clothes, picked up his momopad, hat and door key then left the room, locking it after him.

He slowly walked towards the dining hall but stopped at the door. Like the last time, he had decided to not wear his hat but it was as nerve-wracking as the last time. Ever since he had started the game all over again.. his anxiety, eye-contact issues and self-confidence had started to creep back again.

Unannounced to him, Kokichi could see everything he was doing. He was standing round the corner from the dining hall, within sight of Shuichi. Kokichi had chosen not to reveal himself to Shuichi because he secretly wanted to find out what was going on with him. What he was hiding.

Shuichi started to raise his hand towards the door handle but when he looked at his hand, he realised that he was shaking. He took a deep breath, dropped his hand from the door handle then placed his hand on his hat. He knew that he had to take it off but it was harder than he first thought.

Kokichi noticed the boy's hesitation, so he decided to save Shuichi the trouble and take the hat himself. Kokichi slowly started to tip-toe towards him, careful not to make any sounds which may attract his attention.

When he was behind Shuichi, he slowly started to lift his hand up towards Shuichi's hat. After a count of around three, he lifted Shuichi's hat off his head in one swift move then put it on his own head. Shuichi instantly turned around with a distressed look on his face.

He then saw Kokichi. Who else would it be other than Kokichi Ouma?! "Kokichi! Ah! Give me my hat back!"

Kokichi adjusted the hat so that he could see out clearly from it, "This emo hat?! What are you talking about?! I don't have it!"

Shuichi darted towards Kokichi but the boy was more agile than he first expected and smoothy avoided him. "Aww! You're going to have to be quicker than that Shuichi!"

Shuichi headed once again towards Kokichi and Kokichi once again, slipped away from him but this time Shuichi had anticipated Kokichi's actions and managed to push him up against a wall.

If anyone else were to walk past them at that moment, the pose looked extremely suggestive.

"Give it back Kokichi!" Shuichi demanded, causing a laugh from the liar who had now pushed the hat behind his back which was held against the locker.

"I have nooooo idea whaaatt you're talking about Shuichi!" Kokichi denied back, dragging out some of his words to make them sound more jokey and sarcastic.

Shuichi then rolled his eyes, "I know you have it Kokichi, just give it back." Kokichi raised an eyebrow. Shuichi realised that he probably wasn't going to get the hat back by pinning him up against a wall and that their current situation looked extremely weird.. so he decided to let Kokichi go.

Shuichi stepped away from the boy and simply asked him with a defeated tone, "Why are you always like this?"

Kokichi wasn't expecting Shuichi to say, "Why are you always like this?" It didn't make any sense to him. Had he and Shuichi met before? If they had, Kokichi defiantly didn't remember it but he was sure that he had defiantly made a traumatising first impression.

Kokichi reached behind him and clutched the hat. "It was a lie you know, cuz I'm a liar."

For the first time, he looked properly into Shuichi's eyes and they were hypnotically beautiful. He had never really noticed their beauty before as they had mostly been covered by the hat that Shuichi always wore. He had caught a glimpse of them at the trial when Shuichi shouted at Kaede but straight after he had finished, the hat was back covering his eyes.

Kokichi put his hand out and gave Shuichi back his hat but when Shuichi grasped it, he suddenly blurted out

Kokichi put his hand out and gave Shuichi back his hat but when Shuichi grasped it, he suddenly blurted out. "You have really nice eyes.."

Shuichi was understandably shocked.

Kokichi was internally screaming.