"You're so adorable," I say smiling at him. My eyes flicker down once more  and I bite my lip to stop my grin from growing further. I've never had that instant power over a guy before. It does something to a woman's ego.

He blushes, the redness seeping up the neck collar of his shirt and to his cheeks and I burn in it. He is so innocent it's shocking. How could this beautiful boy not ever get the attention he deserved? He is kind, funny, sarcastic, generous, and so much more. He is all I could ever hope for. And he is mine. At least in my head he was. I have staked large signs in bold hefty red letters that this boy is off limits to any other worthy lookers like a pending sign on a house. You snooze, you lose, folks.

Class goes by quickly, me keeping my hands to myself because I think Nate would combust at the seams if he had to endear me torturing his innocent soul anymore. But halfway during class, he placed his arm over the back of my chair as I sang the song on how I remembered the bones of the body. He laughed, a dimple appearing on his cheeks that made me stop and kiss him on the one closest to me. I couldn't help it. He turned crimson again but his smile didn't waver, just turned boyish in a way that heated my insides. It was adorable.

I don't care if people saw. Give them something to look out, my mind gloated shining brighter than the sun.

"So when are you going to take me on this date?" I ask Nate as we're walking out of Faunt's class. I hug my books tightly to my chest as if I'm trying not to explode with happiness. I don't think I've stopped smiling yet today.

People pass us in a blur, my eyes solely on the beautiful boy walking next to me. He doesn't have his walking stick out but is being lead solo by me. This pleases me because it tells me that he trust me enough to do this with hundreds of kids bustling past us as we maneuver through the hallway.

"How about tonight?"

I groan and tilt my head back in adolescent anguish. "Tonight's the annual bonfire. I told Alyssa I would go with her. The cheerleaders are prepping the ceremony."

"Oh, right," Nate says, his head casted down. I pull him away from a group of students that turned a corner too quickly and hold him to my side while we wait for them to pass.

"But I'm free afterwards." I would rather do something fun than work on our project, biology the last thing on my mind. I don't like hearing the uneasiness in his voice. I hated telling him no. In fact, I don't even want to go to the bonfire anymore. It doesn't seem as fun as it would be if Nate was there. "The game won't run late. Maybe ten. Is that too late to do something?"

Nate stops walking once I stop at his next class. We were still on first floor and I needed to go to second to get to mine. "We can just do something tomorrow," he suggests with a shrug.

"Are you sure?" I can't really read him right now but something tells me I'm making a bigger deal out of this than what it really is. I'm too used to making Danny mad at the slightest bump.  "I really don't mind leaving the game early."

"It's fine, Kelly," Nate assures me. He starts to lean into his classroom but stops before he actually takes a step into the flat carpet. His hand levitates in mid air and not knowing why I do so, I lean into it by instinct. His fingers skirt over my cheek like little butterfly kisses. His hand is gone before my brain starts to work again and he walks into his class leaving me a fleeting mess.

Pressing my lips together to stop swooning against the white washed walls, I back away in a daze and walk up the stairs to my next class.

*  *  *  *  *

"WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO?"

"WIN!"

"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?"