Time's History - Part Four: Hermione

"She was in the potions storage" Snape said, pushing her arm so that she stumbled into Dumbledore's office. "She was making off with a vial of my solaris root. Do you know how long it took me to make that?" He snarled at her.

"Another time professor, Ms. Granger is in much deeper trouble."

"Very well", he sneered, throwing her a cold look, "I must get back to the first years."

"Oooh, oh, make sure Dobby finds his other sock!" Professor McGonagall calls after. Snape turns briefly to shake his head at her.

"It is alright McGonagall, Snape has already found it." Dumbledore responds placing the confused professor at ease.

"They ate up all my wizard nuggets, gave them all to Hufflepuff." Professor McGonagall was wringing her hands desperately.

"Caidoz, can you please help her to sit." Dumbledore says.

"Of course" Caidoz steps from behind the tapestry and helps the professor to a chair. Forn was standing quietly by as well.

"Forn!" Hermione says, unsheathing her wand to protect him, but before she could act, Forn disarms her.

"Experiamus!" he whips Hermione's wand away.

"What are you doing?!" She says in shocked suprise.

"She cast spells against a Prefect of Time... more are on their way!" Forn cried.

"What!" Dumberdore says looking somewhat terrified. "Is this true Hermione?"

"No... well, I didn't know. We were being attacked."

"She can have my bisquits, I am done putting on my shoes", Professor McGonagall offers. Everyone stops to look at her.

Trying to take advantage of the distraction, Hermione makes a desperate move. She unholsters Professor McGonagalls wand and shouts, "stupefy!" Caidoz is stunned.

"My lord!" Forn shouts rushing to Caidoz' aid. Realizing his error he turns to stun Dumbledore, but the old wizard is already armed and ready for the spell.

"I am beginning to see what really happened." Dumbledore says, his wand squared on Forn.

"Your magic is nothing compared to mine", Forn smirks.

"Ligare vinculis!" Dumbledore shouts.

"Averto Tempus!" Forn counters. The spell lands on Dumbledore who stands fazed for a moment, then with a shake of his head, he comes to.

"Oh dear!" Dumbledore rushes to the aid of Caidoz. "Forn, what are you doing here?" He asks, his memory clearly altered.

"It was Hermione, she is out of control. The time turner has affected her mind." Hermione stands in shock, her wand was drawn making her look guilty. With a wave, her wand goes flying, leaving her helpless. For further measure Forn casts a spell.

"Ad lapidem" he shouts and Hermione hardens like stone.

"I was afraid this would happen", Dumbledore remarks. "No matter", he says waving a hand over Caidoz' face, "Madam Pomfrey is the best. She was head nurse at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries during the fifth Wizard World War."

"Ah yes, but the war is never over is it?" Forn's face contorts slightly.

"Nothing will ever defeat peace Forn, as long as there is hope." Dumbledore says. Caidoz rises suddenly as brandishes his wand. Aiming it at Dumbledore.

"Back away!", he says to the headmaster.

"Please Caidoz, I am here to help." Dumbledore tried to console him, thinking he is in shock.

"The house elves forgot to water the garden gnomes" Professor McGonagall interupts, "if you'll excuse me, I must go." She rushes off.

"Leave her", Caidoz instructs Forn who moves to follow her.

"What are we going to do about the Time Prefects? They will be here soon." Forn asks.

"Did you get the water?"

"Yes."

"The professor..." Dumbledore says of McGonagall, "she needs to be looked after."

"Arresto momentum!" Caidoz shouts and Dumbledore freezes in place.

"Do not pretend you don't understand professor" Forn says, "being a time wizard has its' advantages. Don't you know that your movements suggest the subliminal spell I placed on you is weakening. You are aware of everything that is happening."

Dumbledore closes his eyes.

"What should we do master, they will be here."

"We must keep affecting the time stream, you know... keep them busy while I prepare the Time Water." Caidoz says.

"I understand master." Forn smiles a destructive grin. "Told you the girl was smart my lord." He hands Caidoz the crude canteen filled with the Time Water. Caidoz admires the two insect shells fused together. "I did not know how I was going to get the water out of the fountain."

"Using the native creatures as a canister! Impressive. No one has ever thought of that before."

Dumbledore's eyes open to see what they are talking about and Forn notices.

"That is right professor" he says, "no one has ever figured out a way to take the water from the fountain. Young Ms. Granger discovered the secret. Only something from that time could act as a vessel with which to carry the water."

"With the time water, we can release the others. We can amass our army and re-take the kingdom of the world!" Caidoz declares.

"Spectro omniservus!" Hermione shouts, knocking the two time wizards off their feet. They regain themselves in time to see Hermione running off.

"A time spell! How..."

"Her hands must have dipped in the fountain, the time water went through her skin!"

"Get after her now!" Caidoz commands.