Chapter 26- Walyla

Previously on 'Why Me':
"Your honor she wouldn't let me have my dear old farret stay with me at school. She told me she was going to give me detention if the ferret didn't disappear."

"What is that?" The lady asks.

"That right there granny is going to be what I say to the judge!"

This girl really loves her ferret.

"Walayla! Please call your mother or we will have no choice, but to remove it from the premises!" The woman behind the desk says.

"Well listen here grandma! You remove Bubbles here you remove me!"

"Excuse me, but is there a problem here?" A girl who I am assuming is the principal is, asks.

"Layla please tell this old granny here that I can have Bubbles!"

"Margaret, Walayla is aloud to have Bubbles the ferret on school grounds."

"But ma'am it's a pet we don't do pets!"

""Bubbles is no pet he is a companion. Let her go on with her day." The principal shoots back.

"Yes ma'am!"

"Oh Layla she also threatened to remove Bubbles from the school."

"Margaret this is your final warning!" She turns and sees me. "Why hello there what can I do for you today?"

"Um I'm here to get my schedule."

"Oh you must be Y/N Valkrum!"

"Yes that's me."

"Welcome to Phoenix Drop High! Im going to guess you are here for your schedule?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"Please call me Layla! Margaret! Get this young lady her schedule please!"

"Yes Miss." Margaret gets up and goes to a printer and comes back. The principal grabs the paper and takes a quick look.

"It looks like you have every class with Walayla!" She says with a smile. "Walyla darling will you show Y/N where all the classes are?"

"Yes Layla!"

"Great! You will both be excused from going to classes like everyone else so you can tour the building! Feel free to look in the classrooms even if there is a class!"

"Great!" Walyla says taking the sheet of paper. "Follow me!"

"Ah Katelyn what can I do for you?" I can hear the principal ask.

We walk away from the office down a not so crowded hall way. Just then the late bell rings.

"I'm Walayla by the way. And this here is Bubbles." She says while petting Bubbles who is on her left shoulder.

"I'm Y/N."

"Nice to meet you! So your a Valkrum?"

"Ya I am."

"I don't remember Travis having a sister."

"Ya they adopted me over the summer."

"That makes so much sense. So better sense? I have no idea how to say that and ha e correct Grammer." She laughs a little.

"Hey don't ask me I have no idea." I say putting my hands up.

"Heh I like you." She says shaking her pointer finger in my direction.

"Thanks I like you to I guess..."

"Ah here we are locker 411! Your locker for Senior year!"

"Wow it's big."