Chapter 25- First Day

"Y/N?" A voice says shaking my side a little. I shoot up to see my mom.

"Hey Mom what time is it?" I say groggily.

"It's 8:30. You slept through dinner."

"Oh ya I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure I saved you a plate."

"Ya I'm sure."

"Ok well I need to talk to you about the baby."

I turn on the bed lamp beside me, and squint to let my eyes adjust to the sudden light."What about it?"

She sighs. "When I had Travis I was told if I had another child I would die. I want you to know so you can help."

I take in what she says. "Wait you can die? Why don't you get like an abortion or something?"

"Because of a few reasons. The biggest is it's cruel to take a life out of the world before they had a chance to live it. The second is I'm to far along."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"If I die I need you to take care of the baby as if it's your own."

"I can't do that..."

She cuts me off, " I need you too. I need them to live a happy life, and have someone that they can call 'mom' I can't have them go to HAC and live a life wondering about why their mother didn't want them."

"What if you survive? I know your a fighter, I know you can and will." I say trying my best to hold back tears.

"My time has come. I have left my place at 'The Divine Warriors' they know about it all. All that is left is to know my family will be safe."

I stay silent for a moment. "If you die I will take the child as my own. Call it my son or daughter. I will protect them with my life, and I will give them someone to call 'mom'. I promise."

"That's all I can ever ask." She pulls me into a hug and we so into each other's shoulders.

"What about Travis? What do we tell him?"

"He hasn't noticed the pregnancy yet. I don't want him to know now. Maybe later on, but not now."

"Ok." Is all I manage to say. We continue to hug for a while before she leaves to go to bed. I lay staring at the ceiling thinking about what I just promised my mother.

~Time Skip~

"Y/N get up." Travis says from beside me.

"Your actually talking to me?" I mumble into my pillow.

"I kind of have to or mom will get suspicious."

"So let her. She will find out eventually." I say still not getting up.

"Look I know your mad at me, but mom told me I have to protect you bullies and all. That's what I'm trying to do protect you from a bully."

I shoot up in my bed. "Get out." I say flattly.

"Y/N I-"

"Get the fuck out of my room!"

"Fine whatever."

I get out of bed and get ready. The first day of school. For me at least. I get dressed. (Pic below) I put on a white shirt, blue ripped jeans, white converse, and a black and white zip up jacket.

 (Pic below) I put on a white shirt, blue ripped jeans, white converse, and a black and white zip up jacket