Untitled Part 7

Chapter Seven: Retaliation, Case Closed

Naru

He wasn't in the best of mood ever since he came to that school, but after the incident in the pool, which caused nothing more than a huge panic among both students and teachers alike, his patience was running quite thin, as the school director was beginning to realize. All the members of his team had been called to the director's office, in which the older man had demanded an explanation about the horrors many students experienced in the swimming class and why he had allowed it to happen, when he had been told to avoid rumors at all costs.

Back then, he had been one step closer to lose control of his powers, but tried his best to hold them. However, despite his better efforts, one of the glass windows had splintered under his pressure, but luckily it didn't shatter so no one was harmed in his small slip of control. Nevertheless, the message got to the point. Before, he had stated that the students' lives were in great danger and instead of being worry about rumors, they should prioritize the safety of everyone inside the school and after his unintentional display of psychic power for which he was famous, the director had finally realize he was playing with a very dangerous kind of fire he could not hope to control, so he let the matter go, finally allowing him to settle matter his way as soon as possible.

Because of the incident, classes had been suspended for the rest of the day and depending if they could resolve the case over the night or not, classes were probably going to be suspended for tomorrow as well. The staff had make the announcement that a group of paranormal researchers were taking interviews in the infirmary and that everyone who had been attacked before or experience something unusual were free to talk about their experiences, while going in groups. No student was allowed to wander the school on their own, no matter the reason.

The infirmary have become their main base of operation and although they didn't have the equipment needed to record the happenings in the school, they had more than enough to protect their base and the students coming in waves to share their stories. They had tried to discretely dig more information about Akane Harumi or any other kind of incident that had happen after the cancelation of the play. However, it was proving to be more difficult than expected, as nothing out of ordinary seemed to had occurred after the pranks and nothing significant the next year.

Apparently, the attacks had started when in her third year, just a few months ago. The first victim had been indeed her ex-boyfriend, but they had break up so long ago that it leaved more questions than answers. If they had not being together for two years and the guy had dated other girls during that time, why get jealous now of all times? Was it because he had done something differently, or perhaps there was an external fact they know nothing off that changed her mind this time. It was still unknown if the girl was simply using her own powers or she was commanding something else.

He had ask Miss Hara if she could sense spirits inside the school whatever weak or strong, but she could only sense an ominous presence, which could end up belonging just to the girl and not to any spirit. Mai however had insisted that there was something else going on and that the pool was the key. She had wanted to go back to the pool to have a better 'reading' but he had refused to let her go back, even if the rest of the team were to go with her. God knew she was a dander magnet and she had been attacked twice already and the last thing he wanted was repeating another episode like the one their shared just a few hours ago.

He had been truly afraid to lose her and he was in no hurry to experience such a nightmare a second time, but unluckily for him, Ryan Curtis had come to offer some help to solve the case, just when Mai was suggesting to astral project in the pool. Last night she had manage to do so and she had been pulled by something she believed it wasn't Akane and before he could said anything to discard the idea, Ryan had offered to try and do so as well. He had found Mai before, so he was quite confident that he could do it again. Thus, now he found himself carefully watching her sleep in one of the infirmary beds, next to the one Ryan was occupying.

The Case Of The Broken HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara