Chapter Four: The New Case

I make some editions to previous chapters in a hope to correct some mistakes and to give a little more details. Just a little touch here and there, nothing big. Hope you like this one. Thanks for reading.

Naru

When the call finally come in the late morning of the next day, Naru thought it ends up been worse than he anticipates. As he already has guessed, Darien manage to get his team inside the school grounds, but not on normal basis. Mai, Masako, John and himself were going in as transfers students and they will attend some classes to prevent suspicions from parents that just like the principal, were against the hiring of paranormal researchers for 'silly accidents' like they call them. Of course, the student council will be aware of their situation and to help them out, they will allow him to have one of the vacant clubs room for whichever student wanted to share their experience with the brand new ghost hunt club or to meet with the team for planning. The security staff will also be aware of their unusual circumstances for when they need to look for the source of the haunting and go out of class or wander the campus at night. The infirmary will serve as their resting place since the dormitory will remain exclusive to the full-time students with no exception.

To his great annoyance, they will have to make their investigation without the use of the usual equipment, which wasn't allowed inside school grounds under any circumstances by the principal's order. They could only use laptops for archives and gather information and the smaller things they could hide on their bran new dark red and white uniforms, which was mandatory to use inside the school. At this, Curtis has deeply apologized for not be able to convince the director that the cameras and other equipment were an indispensable part of the research, still the lack of it will lead to whatever Masako or Mai happens to find out on their own way and of whatever he could find using his own abilities, which he will need to be careful with to prevent others for finding out what he was capable of doing. He hoped not to use them, but it will be indispensable if Masako ends up having problems finding the spirit as she has in past cases and Mai's dreams don't show enough information of the spirit or the reason it's haunting the school, as it could be a realistic possibility as well.

Mai's talents were still unstable and rightly so, as she awake to them just recently, but he hoped this time around she will prove she could be a key point on the investigation as much as Hara. He almost wishes for her to have a better control of them and grow them with the experience she will get from a case based only on abilities. As his time in Japan was limit mostly to finding Gene, he wanted to at least give Mai her chance to understand her own nature and learn how to live with it. Just recently, Lin and he had talked about giving her some needed training, so she could hold her ground when facing the paranormal world even if they end up going away in the future.

The rest of the team end up in unusual positions as well on the school staff. Matsuzaki was going to work on the infirmary as nurse for the coming days, while Lin and Takigawa were going as security guards with full access to the school grounds. Giving the circumstances, he guesses Curtis insisted to the principal that they needed to be able to move around as needed in case of another attack as both of them could send away the spirit that could harm more students. Ryan of course, was going to give them the tour around the school once they get there and be part of their ghost hunt club, by Curtis request.

That one didn't please him in the least for more than one reason. Ryan knew far to well who he truly was and what he was capable of doing and probably worse of all, he was used to calling him Oliver the same way his father was and Mai already asked him about the name and to owner of it. Another slip like that or worse, several ones and he could end up giving himself to the team. Explaining about himself and the reason he keeps it from them while will hurt them, specially Mai was one thing, but explaining to them how the BSPR member were receiving periodical reports of them and their abilities every time they got a case was yet another matter far worse to explain and digest.