Chapter Five: The Elite School And Some Secrets

Lin

It had been a while since he had seen his charge in such a foul mood and he knew that whatever was eating his perfect control to let him experience the anger he was barely containing, it had to do with what Taniyama had told him inside his office. While in the presence of the rest of the team, he had looked calmed and collected as his usual cold self, for someone who knew him quite well, like him, it was plain obvious that something was really bothering him after his unexpected private chat with the petit girl. Private conversations with her were rare, but usually when the opportunity presented itself, it was never a good thing.

Lin wonder what Taniyama had told him this time, to upset the perfect balance his charge was so proud off. Taniyama never failed to surprise him one time after another and if he had to be honest with himself, he could hardly contain his curiosity as the question was beginning to build inside his mind and almost out of his mouth. Yet, he knew better than to fuel the narcissist rage by remaining him of what was troubling him to such extent.

Right at that moment, Noll was tightening his hand into fists, almost draining all the blood from them, as well as lowering the temperature inside the Van far more than he was comfortable with and he could feel the tension coming from in him in waves. His blue eyes were closed and his handsome face visibly trouble with a frown that wasn't usually there. That on itself was a proof of the disturbance inside his guarded mind and a proof of his upset state.

"Noll..." Hell, he couldn't resist the warning in his low tone of voice.

"There is no need for you to warn me Lin, I am in control." Noll snapped his eyes open and directed yet again an icy glare his way, but being accustom to them, it took no effect on him.

"Are you truly? You are one step away from frizzing us and another from letting out at least static electricity, wish will only fried the Van and we are already late, right? Is it Taniyama?" He pressed.

"That doesn't concern you." He reply with a sharp age on his tone, meaning he didn't want to talk about her, which only make him more curious.

"Well, if it is affecting you in such a way, it is my concern. Want it or not I have been appointed as your guard by your father and you had already put yourself in great danger, while letting her get to you. I doubt that you want something like that to repeat again and with a Curtis so close to see it, nonetheless. I may keep your secrets from your parents as long as your life is not in danger, but I can't said, he will too." He said and saw Noll sigh, releasing some of his tension in the process, making the temperature normal again. "What did she told you?" Lin asked, hoping that this time he will be more incline to share the information.

"She had a nightmare related to this case. She was attacked while she wondered inside the school looking for clues that could help in the investigation as usual, however this time she was saved by... someone unexpected in her most recently out of the body experience. She was yanked out of the hold of the spirit by no other than Ryan Curtis himself. Apparently, he had keep some secrets of his own that he didn't care to share with the rest of us, probably including his father. Who would have expected him to astral project and be in tune with Mai's own projection just fine in such a short among of time?" Lin widened his eyes in surprise, he certainly wasn't expecting the Curtis youth to be involve, although now he could have a better understanding of Noll's bad mood. He was beginning to experience some level of jealousy for the first time in his life and now he had learn that the boy could reach Taniyama where he could never go nor find her. Lin smirked despite himself, this case certainly will be quite amusing, if nothing else.