Chapter 4

The day after the fight, Mary notices that the bully is absent. "Must have been suspended, that jerk" she thought to herself, and continues the school day like she would any other. but he stops coming the day after that, and even the day after that, and the day after that. She just thinks of it as a lucky thing, so that no one has to pay for his insecurities. At one point Fred asks her " Hey, remember that bully you fought?" , "Yeah, why?" asked Mary. "Well i asked the teachers about it, and they don't know where he's been either. His parents don't know where he is, neither does his relatives. He's been gone ever since you guys fought." said Fred. A cold shiver is sent down her spine, just instincts, she brushes it off.

A few days after that, the school announces that the police have come to interrogate the students, and that there will be no lessons for the day, but the students will be asked one by one into the interrogation rooms prepared by the school for the police. This sudden event is related to the disappearance of a student, the one Mary fought. ten rooms are prepared by the school and ten students will be interrogated at a time. So as the interrogations go on, Mary and Fred sit down at their class waiting for their turn to be called into a room, eventually Fred gets called first before Mary, and she is left alone to wait while looking at her phone. A lot of students are went through and then through the school speakers, are heard "Mary Greyfield to the counselor's office now, i repeat, Mary Greyfield to the counselor's office now.". "Counselor's office? aren't i supposed to go into one of the rooms?" she asked herself. She then makes her way to the counselor's office and enters the office. Inside sitting on the desk is no counselor, it is a man wearing a jet-black suit with a purple tie, black pants and leather shoes. "You are Mary, yes? Mary Greyfield?" the man asked. "Yes i am, if i so may ask, who are you?" Mary asked, "Im Daniel, formally addressed as Detective Goodman. I have picked up the job to personally interrogate you on a problem, a problem you are mostly going to be aware of. Jonathan F. Richard, a child of a wealthy company CEO, or the student who you fought weeks ago, has disappeared ever since the day you fought." the detective informed. " I am here to get clues on the culprit, i do not believe it is you. But my colleagues think on the contrary. So i really need you to tell me everything you know on this matter" said the detective. "What if i don't?" asked Mary, "Even if they don't find any proof, someone need to be responsible, especially since it is demanded by an internationally big company owner. You know who they will put the blame on." said the detective.