Chapter 3

The following day,

"Ugh its raining, now i'll get my shoes wet." thought Mary as she gets prepared to head of for school. The mood is soothing, nothing but the sound of droplets of clear and cold droplets of rain water from the downpour, "I guess it does rarely rain here, might as well enjoy it while its present." a thought from Mary's attempt at  being optimistic. Every step she takes a splash, not overly loud but loud enough to not cause a disturbance, each step harmonizes with the sound  from the next. Quite calming, Mary then finally arrive's at school, a place of learning, certainly not the picture she got from the events of yesterday though. Mary thinks back on what happened yesterday with the bully, Fred comes to interrupt "Stop daydreaming you berk.", "The hell is a berk?!" questions Mary, "A berk, just so you know is slang for idiot, or the second meaning which define the female sex organs or a cu-." "Stop right there, we don't wanna get the author in trouble for this." Fred explains but interrupted by Mary. "Right-o.", Fred replies.

As they both proceed their movements heading to the school entrance, Once again, Mary begins pondering about such cataclysm of the previous day. "That was strange, normally they would retaliate when an objective is intervened by an outside variable." thought Mary. Something just feels wrong, as if her act of defending the frail bullied student yesterday just had the bully let her off the hook almost too easily. "Theres probably nothing to worry about though." She thought to herself. Both Mary and Fred enter the class just in time before their lesson starts, then Mary quickly realizes, "Its english!" She mumbled shockingly. "What did you say?" asked Fred, "I said it english!" Mary responded still panicked,
"And?" Fred asked confused. "Ok students, i trust that everyone has prepared for the oral exam today." said the english teacher, "Ok if i'm not first, then i will still be able to look up some stuff about Uganda and its ties to The World Bank." thought Mary, "Ok first up." Said the teacher. Mary begins to tremble, "Fred, are you prepared." the teacher asked, "Of course i am." Fred responded confidently. "Then you will be speaking first.", says the teacher as Mary lets out a long sigh. the exam goes on as Fred gives a fluent presentation on the projects The World Bank has funded and worked on in Singapore, the next student gets chosen, and the next one. Eventually the list comes down to Mary, Being the last, she had the chance to at least prepare for it, and passes scraping the edge of a cliff with a D- as the minimum passing grade.

After the next few lessons they reach lunch time, "Freedom alas, thy hath bestowed upon thee." Mary said to Fred. "Wow, you're even doing it wrong." said Fred, "Shut up." Mary responded as they walk down the hall to the canteen like yesterday. "And now Mary happens to lock eyes with the bully, imagine how awkward that would be if it actually happens." Mary joked, "Yeah it would definitely be awkward." Fred says. While walking down the canteen, Mary locks eyes with the bully yesterday, but shrugs it off awkwardly. When they reach the canteen, Mary notices that the bully and his friends have been following her, one of the bully's friends steps forward and pushed Mary down. "Oops, my hands slipped." he said, "Yeah, sorry, you guys aren't worth my time." said Mary as the bully starts to punch her. Mary laughs saying "Gentlemen don't hit women, oh right, trash doesn't have gender.", which infuriates the bully more. Soon a teacher finds them and breaks up the fight. They both end up in detention.