"Were you following me?" I ask, not even trying to hide my anxiety. He had caught me.

And he wasn't going to let me go.

Without replying, he dragged me out of the dance floor, to the place where the boys' had been lazying off.

"Vansh, stop!" I tried holding my ground, but there was a high chance of toppling down if I tried to stay put with him pulling me.

"Gana khatm hua nahi, aur dance ho gaya?" Ritwik asked as he saw us approaching. "Everything alright?"

I looked away when Vansh's gaze landed on me, "Yeah, everything's okay."

"I was asking Vickey, idiot," Ritwik joked.

"Well, actually," Vansh started, and I squeazed his hands hard, pleading him through my eyes to not spill anything.

"Actually what?" Arnav asked, a Breezer in his hands, and his eyes narrowed at the way I was holding his best friend's hands. "You will exchange your sweat if you don't leave your hands to themselves."

But I didn't leave his hands. I was in a very desperate condition. Vansh held my gaze for a moment before turning to them.

"Actually, Arvika isn't feeling very well, and mujhe bhi yaha ghutan si ho rahi hai. We are leaving for a walk outside, breathe some fresh air."

I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Yeah, andar suffocation mehsoos ho rahi hai. We'll be back soon."

"I don't think it's safe outside," Arnav said, taking a sip of his drink.

"Well, you also don't know that I can actually beat the shit out of anyone who tries something on me," I reply, less tensed.

"She would be with me bro, don't worry."

I didn't look back when Vansh dragged me out of the farmhouse.

¿¤?

I didn't have the guts to speak first, and I have no idea why. No one usually has that kind of effect on me, and Vansh Mehra surely shouldn't be having that effect. I felt like I was going to lose something if I didn't hold on to him.

"Are you going to explain yourself?" I was glad he broke the silence. We were standing against his BMW, the sedan that brought Ishita, Karan and him to the party.

"I don't understand why I feel like I need to," I said, biting my lip. "How did you even come to know?"

"Sanitary napkins don't smell like smoke-"

"I wasn't smoking with Mickey!"

"Well, you did go to meet him today! I saw you running after him when I had stopped you."

"How did you know the transaction was tonight?"

"One, everyone noticed how enthusiastic you were for this party, and two, I saw you going inside the room with Mickey."

"Well, that's great Byomkesh," I smiled sarcastically. "Now can I have what I bought?"

"Sure," he smiled back, before opening the lid and turning it upside down. Whatever had filled the inside, now was no more in it. He further proceeded to stamp on the powder, mixing it with the muddy water, before handing me the faux lipstick.

"What the hell, Vansh?"

"Right back at you Arvika, what the fucl<ing hell?!" He raised his voice. "Tum drugs kyu lene lagi?!"

"Obviously for reasons that I can't scream out to everyone!" I shouted, running both my hands through my hair.

"Well, drugs are not the right answer to your problems!"