Episode 10 - Relief

Start from the beginning

"Don't bother making excuses. I knew." I say as I casually fix my collar.

Seriously, ano tingin nila sa akin? Do I look that deceivable to them? Sa haba ng panahon na nagpapanggap akong asawa sa babaeng yon, sa tingin nila hindi ko malalaman? They've been doing this for a couple of years now and I've been taking my sweet time gathering enough information I need.

I could already see Aliyah's world crumbling down in front of her.

Leaving Aliyah rooted to the ground, eyes lifeless from shock, I make my way to where Ichi stood.

He didn't say a single thing ever since I got here. He didn't deny the fact that they were having an affair either.

Huh, he must have fallen hard for my whore of a wife.

Ichi looks at me with serious eyes. As if he's preparing for something dramatic to happen.

Smiling, I pat his bare shoulder and hand him a piece of paper in an angle where I know Aliyah won't see.

"Hope you make the right decision this time." I whisper with a hint of amusement. His eyes drew back in fear and anger.

It's funny to think na ito yung pinsan kong palabiro, rebelyoso, at walang pakialam sa mundo. He'd usually find a sarcastic reply and bite me with spite by now. And yet, he's silent as one could be.

I don't know what you see in this poor excuse of a woman but hey, she's all yours.

I once again give him a brotherly pat on the shoulder and walk towards the door.

As I was about to leave, I look back at Ichi and see that he has already crumpled the paper inside his fist.

Contented, I leave without another word. Oh he read it alright.