Runaway Circus

•H/C: Hair Color
•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
Your POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————Your POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

After getting dressed back into my own clothes, Chester and I went on more rides, played the fun games at the stands and marveled at the side shows. It was a magical evening to say the least, and the whole while, I was also thinking about what it might be like working for the circus— To be around all these spectacular people all day, to wear beautifully crafted costumes and watch as other people experience this overwhelming sense of joy. It sounded heavenly. I want to be a part of this.

I want to be free of my old life and finally live to the fullest. I'll be able to travel all over the place and spend more time with Chester. Sure, I don't know much about circus life, but I'm certain he wouldn't mind teaching me along the way. I suppose the only reason why I'm hesitating is the fear of my family's reaction. Regardless, I made my decision.

So, here we are, walking to that horrible place now that it has gotten around closing time for the circus. With every step, my stomach twists as I cling to the jester's hand in fear, my steps moving gradually slower. It's already dark outside, and the streetlights are on. I'm sure I'll get scolded for staying out so late. My free hand fiddles with a new collection of pictures we had taken in a photo booth. In all, we are smiling and acting goofy. It brought me some comfort. I feel that we approached the gate too soon and stared at the house beyond anxiously.

"Would you like me to go with you?" he offers after my hand gave a deathly grip to his own. My head lowers before slowly moving from left to right to decline, though I was reluctant. I should do this myself. It's time to cut the cord and finally leave this Hell I was born into. Besides, I would prefer he not meet the people who've tormented me. I put on a brave face and slip my hand out of his before handing over our pictures with a weak smile.

"Can you hold this for me? I don't want them to get ruined." Nodding, Chester takes the pictures, and so, I press onward. When I'm at the door, I peer behind at him once more in case things don't go as planned. He is imbedded in my memory and always will be. I receive a supportive thumbs up before I turn away and enter the house. Whatever courage I had mustered disappeared when a glass bottle was thrown the moment the door was shut, shattering on contact. Had I not ducked in time, it would've struck my head. With a gasp, I spin around, eyes wide with horror and my back against the door, to meet my father's livid stare.

"It's late, don't you think?" Stutters left my lips as I instinctively looked down at my feet. "You had your mother crying because you disappeared. What were you out there doin' anyways? Doing drugs with your drug dealing friends?" He marched a step closer, and I flinched.