Chapter 7

--Harry--

I'm in Flourish & Blotts, looking for school supplies with Hermione and Ron. Hermione is off somewhere collecting every book in the store and Ron is complaining about how books are stupid. I'm about to turn the corner of a large bookshelf when I notice Hermione is talking to someone, my brother. I grab Ron's hand and point to where Hermione is at and then hid behind a bookshelf so that they can't see us.

"Who the bloody hell is that? Trying to get my Hermione," Ron mumbles.

"He's my brother, the Voldemort scum."

Ron gasps and looks at me eyes wide open. "You think he's trying to get to you with Hermione?"

"Probably."

"We have to save her!"

"Call her!" I tell Ron. Ron starts to call out Hermione's name and after a while she comes over to us.

"Hey Harry, Ron," she says in a dreamy tone.

"What do you think you are doing?" I ask.

Hermione looks at me confused, "I came over here because you boys called me."

"You were talking to him!" Ron accuses.

"Yes, I was talking to a boy other than you or Harry. Do you have a problem?" Hermione scoffs.

"Yes, I do have a problem when the boy you are talking to is the grandson of Voldemort!" I exhort.

"Wait, that was your brother?"

"Yes."

"Be careful around him Hermione, he might just be tricking you to get to Harry!" Ron says.

"He didn't seem like that."

"Well he is a snake so just be cautious next time, okay?" I say.

"Alright."

Hermione hands Ron and I our books and we walk over to the counter to pay for them, and my brother gets in line after us. He looks up from a muggle device and notices Hermione and smiles.

"Seems like we're meeting earlier than I though we would, Hermione," he says to her.

That dreamy look overcomes Hermione again and she replies to him, "yeah, I guess we are."

Ron steps between Hermione and him and looks Perseus straight in the eye, "don't talk to Hermione ever again." He glares at my brother.

"I'm sorry, what relationship do you have with Hermione?" Perseus asks.

"I'm her friend," Ron answers.

"And what right do you have -as a friend of Hermione's- to choose who she can talk to and who she can't?" Perseus steps up to Ron.

Ron's confidence wavers as Perseus gives him the scariest glare I've ever seen. Then Perseus notices me and his eyes become soft again.

"Harry?"

I glare at him and pull Ron and Hermione back to me. "What do you want?" I snap.

"I- ah- do you remember who I am?" He asks.

"Yeah, your my brother," I put as much venom in the word 'brother' as I can. Perseus just looks at me and starts to cry. He drops his books and hugs me like he did when he came to my house.

"I'm so glad!" He pulls away and picks his books up off the floor. "I'm going to Hogwarts, you know? We're going to be in the same year! What house are you in?"

I give him a look of confusion and answer, "I'm in Griffindor."

"Griffindor? Oh, Hermione, you're in Griffindor too, right?" He asks.

"Yeah," She replies.

"That's cool. I'm not really sure what house I'll be in but I hope we have a lot of classes together, Harry!"

Hermione and Perseus talk to each other the rest of the time we are in line. Ron shoots dirty looks at Perseus but -either he doesn't notice or he doesn't care- Perseus doesn't respond. After we pay for our books, Ron and I say good riddance to Perseus while Hermione says goodbye. I go home and walk into the dining room where Mum is setting up dinner.

"I saw Perseus today," I say.

Mum stops what she is doing and looks at me.

"I think he's going to Hogwarts. He was buying books at Flourish & Blotts."

Mum smiles and replies, "that's good news, that's great news! James, get in here!"

Dad walks in and sits down in a chair, "what is it Lily-Flower?"

"Our Perseus is going to Hogwarts with Harry! Isn't that great?"

"I just hope he won't hurt Harry," Dad puts in.

"Why would Perseus hurt Harry?" Mum's voice raises.

"It's just- what Dumbledore told us makes me scared for Harry's safety."

"I can't believe you," Mum sets down the last plate and leaves to the living room.

"Lily-Flower, wait," Dad calls.

"No, I'm not having it! You- you- he is your son!" Mum comes back in.

"He's not our real son, Harry is. We don't know Perseus."

"No- no- don't say that. He is our son!" Mums leaves again and Dad gets up to follow her.

I sit in my chair in the dining room and I set head down on the table and close my eyes.