Chapter 4

--Percy--

I apparated outside of the Leaky Cauldron and walked in. I sat down at the counter and rested my head.

"Can I help you with anything, lad? Just nothing with alcohol," I raised my head up and saw an old man who was quite bald, he kind of resembled a toothless walnut. 

"I don't need anything to drink," The man was about to leave when I realized I had no where to stay. "Wait, this place is an inn, right?"

The man turned back around and answered, "correct." 

"Can I have a room?" I asked.

He smiles, and I'm sure it's supposed to be friendly but it looks quite evil, and he replies, "right this way lad." He limps over to a stair case and turns around to make sure I'm following. I get off the seat and shuffle over to him. He starts to walk up the stairs and the only thing I pray for is that he won't fall on me.

"You look like you're troubled," he says after a while.

"Yeah, family troubles," I reply.

"Well, I hope you can resolve it," we stop in front of a door and he turns to look at me. "Here's your room. My name's Tom by the way, come down to the pub to get your bill."

"Thank you, sir. Also, my name is Percy."

"Good day, Percy," Tom leaves and I open the rickety door to a small room. I walk in and close the door and slump head first into the pillow on the bed. I lay there for a few moments until I get up and drag myself to the bathroom. I twist the faucet on and the water rushes out, I wave my hand and get that familiar feeling in my gut as a rainbow forms. I pull out a drachma from my pocket and toss it into the rainbow.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering. Show me Annabeth Chase, Camp Half Blood." I say. Annabeth's figure starts to shimmer through the rainbow.

"Hey Wise Girl," she looks up from her work and smiles at me, pulling back some of her hair.

"Seaweed Brain, miss me already?"

"Yeah," she laughs and my bad mood completely washes away.

"So, what's up?" Then I remember why I called her. She notices my worried look and asks, "hey, you okay?"

"They didn't remember me," tears start to fall again and I try my best to wash them away.

"Oh gods, Percy. I- You don't need them. You have your real family who took care of you. You have me."

"I know, it's just. Ha. I don't know."

"Are you going to come back?"

"Yeah, tomorrow."

"Okay. Stay safe."

"Okay." I swipe my hand through the mist and slump into the bed again and close my eyes as I let Hypnos take over my mind.