Chapter XII: A Troubled Past

Start from the beginning

Laura gasped again and ran off with tears in her right eye. I watched her leave, I felt bad for her. 'Sis can be heartless sometimes, but she can be the best sister you could ever have at some other times,' I thought, sighing mentally.

'Male student by the tree, are you eavesdropping are you indulging in sexual activity?" Sam said not facing me.

"Now why would I do that Sam?" I said, leaning against the tree. Sam turns to me, squinting her eyes at me, putting her hands on her hips and smiling.

"It's Ms. L/N at school," She said, pouting.

"Well we're not at school, and technically, it's after school hours," I said shrugging. She was silent for a bit and then smiled again.

"Point," She sighed. I walk to her, standing in front of her, easily taller than her, her 5'9 frame, reached up to the chest of my 6'5 frame.

"I know," Giving her a cheeky grin. "So what's her deal?" I asked looking in the direction of Laura's retreating figure.

"Well, you remember how you were kidnapped during the Mondo Grosso IS Championship?" She asked in a soft tone.

"How could I not? It was the time when I felt useless as a brother," I said in a soft tone, looking down. "Making you forfeit your match just to save me," I said ashamed.

I then felt a slap on my cheek, I hold my cheek in shock and look up to see Sam looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Don't you dare say that to me! Got?!" She yelled, tears dripping down her face. "I would forfeit the world just to save you!" She said trying to hold back her tears.

I look down, not able to meet her eyes; I then feel her hug me.

"I don't regret forfeiting that match, ever, I would do it again in a heartbeat, given the chance," She said into my chest, all I could do was bring my arms around her as well. We just stood there in each other's arms, after a while Sam pulled back and looked at me, smiling, and staring at me with her amber eyes; while I was staring back at her with my dark blue eyes.

"So, what happened to her?" I asked.

"Well she was a student back in Germany, where Chifuyu and I taught them," Sam said sighing, turning around and looking at the lake that we were near, "They were bunch of kids working to be soldiers, they have a rigorous training, and things that I would not like to remember.

I walked forward and stood to her right, watching the lake as well. Sam then turned and looked to the direction where Laura went.

"She was a special case, she had a personal IS, was a great kid, but things were getting out of hand, and I ended up here," Sam said, sighing again, "Now, she wants to take me back to Germany."

I grit my teeth and clench my hands at the thought of Sam leaving again. I feel a warm sensation on my hand.

"Hey," Sam said, I turn to look at her, a worried expression on her face. "I am not leaving, we're finally together, and I am not going to let some ambitious girl steal that away from me," She said smiling, I just nod in response.

"You know I love you, right Sam?" I said to her, staring into her beautiful amber eyes.

She smiled, "I know, and I love you too, N/N," She teased, giggling. I groaned at the name, causing her to giggle more. I just shake my head, watching her giggle, happy she had a smile on her face. She looks beautiful when she smiles, and I will be damned if someone brings a tear to her eyes.

We then hold hands walking to our dormitory, catching up on everything that's been happening. I tell her about Mom and Dad, how they were doing, how much they missed her; and many other things.