Chapter 15

•Drea•

Turns Out, My Ankle Was Just Sprained. With Some Ice And Elevation It Should Be Good. Michael's Not At Home But I'm Hanging Out With Chad. Apparently Sterling's Girl Is Mad At Him For Taking Me To The Hospital. I Ain't Mean To Get The Homie In Trouble Yunno.

I've Officially Been Here For A Week And Two Days. I Need To Think About Going Home Soon. I Mean, I Lost My Job But It's Whatever. Carolyn Called To Let Me Know That It Was Unacceptable The Way I Went At Tiffany And That They Don't Allow That Type Of Behavior. Tiffany Shouldn't Have Been Coming At Me Then.

I Haven't Seen Michael In 2 Days. I Don't Know Where He Went But He Didn't Tell Me, Sterling, Chad, Vince Or Bryce. He Just Left. Things Are Starting To Take A Little Bit Of A Bad Turn. I Haven't Even Called My Friends To Let Them Know Of The Events That Have Taken Place.

"What You Thinking About Lil Bit." Chad Asked Me.

"Nothing." I Said Simply, Staring At The Blank Tv Screen.

"You Thinking About Something."

"...He Called Me Stupid."

"Mike?"

"Yeah."

"I'm Sure He Didn't Mean It."

"Chad, Growing Up I Was The Stupid Girl. From 4-8 Grade My Nickname Was Dim-Wit And I Was Called Brain Dead And A Moron. It Was Hard For Me To Pick Up On Stuff Like The Other Kids. They Even Considered Putting Me In The Slow Classes. In High-school I Couldn't Catch On. I Was A Fifth Year Senior."

"You Don't Seem Like You Needed Those Classes."

"Typical Case Of Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover. When He Called Me Stupid I Just, I Was About To Completely Shut Down. I Had To Stop Myself."

I Could Tell Chad Didn't Know What To Say.

"No Offense But, Can You Not Come By For The Next Couple Of Days."

"Are You Sure?"

"Yeah. I Just Need Time Alone."

"Okay But If You Need Anything You Know You Can Call."

I Nodded. After A Couple Of More Hours, Chad Left. As Soon As He Did, I FaceTimed Marcus.

"Wassup Bestfriend." He Said As He Answered The Phone.

"Hey."

"Oh No, That Was Dry. Somethings Wrong. I Knew I Should Have Called Yesterday, My Bestfriend Senses Were Tingling."

"Well.." I Flipped The Camera Showing Him My Ankle.

"What The Fuck Happened."

I Flipped The Camera Back. "Some Idiot Nigga Knocked Me On The Ground And I Sprained My Ankle."

"Does It Hurt?"

"A Little. It's Getting Better."

"Where's Michael?"

"I Don't Know, Somewhere."

"How Long He Been Gone."

"Two Days."

"Oh Hell No! Do I Need To Come Beat His Ass."

"No It's Fine. We Got Into A Little Argument But His Friends Have Been Helping."

"Fuck His Friends Drea, HE Should Be There. You Sprained Your Damn Ankle And He Just Leaves? What Kind Of Shit Is That."

He Was Right Though. At The Same Time, I Needed Space From Michael. Maybe It's Time For Me To Go Home.