Survival.

A/N- Sorry if my chapters are short. I write between 1000-2000 words usually. I'm not sure if that's long or not. Oh well.

Zeldris and Estarossa sat in the house. It was midnight and they were tired, yet none of them went to sleep. They sat in the living room with coffee in their hands.

The police had just left. They called the police when they couldn't find Meliodas and Liz. The police said they'd thoroughly check the city and surrounding farmland, before checking the forest. They would contact them if they had to check the forest.

Estarossa's thoughts were mostly on how much he was going to yell and scold Meliodas when they find him. He liked to have a positive outlook on things.

Zeldris's, however, were worse. All the bad things that could happen to two innocent children in the dark were flowing through his head. He was terrified. A thought suddenly popped into his head and it made Zeldris's eyes widen in realisation.

"Esse... You know what Meliodas's like, right?" Zeldris said.

"Yeah, so?"

"Well, they're out there somewhere, in freezing cold weather and running on almost no food in 11 hours." Zeldris said slowly. "If I'm right, then Meliodas would've most likely made sure Liz was the one to be comfortable..."

"I'll tell the police." Estarossa said quickly, realising what Zeldris meant. He ringed up the police.

"Hello, how can I help?"

"Hi, can I speak to someone in charge of the two missing kids please?"

"Of course." There was a pause and then a different voice spoke, it was female.

"Yes?"

"Hi, it's Estarossa, Meliodas's brother. We have a bit of a problem."

"What is it?"

"Well, knowing my brother, I know that he will do whatever he can to make Liz as comfortable as possible. "

"Sir, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that Meliodas will give all his food to Liz saying he's eaten and most likely hand her his jacket to keep her warm and-"

"Sir, is this true? Are you sure?" The voice had a more worried tone.

"Yes."

"That is very concerning. It's very cold out, it's actually -6°c right now. And all his food... That can't be good, considering his last meal was 11 hours ago roughly."

"I know. It's what he's like."

"Thank you for the information, we'll do our best. If you have anymore information, just call."

"Glad to help. I just want them back alive. Bye."

"Bye." And they hung up.

Estarossa walked back into the living room. Zeldris was texting his friends.

Gelda: did they find him?

Zeldris: no, not yet. I just keep thinking of what could happen.

Derieri: Don't. It'll make it worse. Just relax and try get some sleep.

Zeldris: Yeah, maybe I will.

Elizabeth: Sorry I couldn't find them earlier.

Diane: It wasn't your fault Ellie.

Melascula: Diane's right, it wasn't anyone's fault. If anything it was the bullies fault.

Zeldris: Maybe..