Awakened by a Fall

Meliodas caught up to her and grabbed her in one quick motion. Seeing the ground readily approaching, Meliodas activated his powers and one of his arms became a wing made of black mass.

Liz looked up at him, her eyes wide. It seemed so unreal.

Meliodas's vision was going in and out of focus. He found it hard to see and his arm was excruciatingly painful.

He reached the ground safely and put her down before standing up. His entire body was in agony. He took a few steps forward before passing out.

When Meliodas next woke up, the first thing he was aware of was the ache. His entire body aches like he had been hit by a sledgehammer.

He next realised he was in his bed in his room. After a few minutes, Meliodas called "Esse? Zel?"

In less than a minute, Estarossa came in the room with some soup and some very strong painkillers.

"Hey Meli, how are you holding up?" Estarossa chuckled. "Let me guess, your entire body aches like you got skewered." Meliodas nodded.

"I suppose you want to know why, right?" Meliodas nodded again.

"Well, to sum it up, you basically just went through your awakening." Estarossa said. "You just unlocked your powers properly, basically your inner demon is going through puberty."

"Really?!" Meliodas asked.

"Yup. Though usually you don't unlock it with that much power. I just threw a fireball at Zeldris and my arm I threw it with ached afterwards. Zeldris reattached one of his legs. You used your wings and the markings covered your entire body."

"Oh." He said. "What day is it?"

"Tuesday. You were out for three days." Estarossa replied.

"Um, is Liz still going to come over after school?" Meliodas asked.

"Oh, what? Yes. In fact, she'll be here in about half an hour. In the meantime, take your painkiller and drink your soup. I left you the special curly straw." Estarossa smiled and left.

Meliodas obediently drank all the soup and took the painkillers. He was in his blue chequered PJ's so he got up and took out on of his dolls, Sally. She was one of the largest dolls there and the most fiddly to dress.

He was brushing her and dressing her when he heard the door open and Estarossa yell "Hey Meli! Liz and Zel are coming up!"

The door was flung open. "Meli! You're awake!" Liz cried and bear hugged him. "I've been so bored without you! Elaine and Mia are nice an' all, but they talk about fairy stuff lots and it gets pretty annoying."

"Glad to see you are awake, you made Estarossa nearly have a heart attack when you jumped off that cart." Zeldris smirked.

"Oh yeah! Thanks for saving me! I made you a card." Liz said, she handed Meliodas a card. It was pink with a picture of a teddy bear on it. It was completely drenched in glitter; Meliodas's hands were covered from just handling it.

Inside, it read in wobbly writing:

Dear Meliodas,

Thank you for saving me. I'm glad you are my friend. If you weren't, I would be dead. With no head. Like blood and brain everywhere. But still.

Get better soon!

Love, Liz XXX

"Thanks!" Meliodas beamed.

Liz climbed onto his lap like a small child. She blushed slightly. "Also, I wanted to give you this." And she kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you." She whispered in his ear.

"I'm going to do my homework downstairs, see you later Meli!" And skipped off downstairs.

Meliodas looked like a ripe tomato, he was blushing really hard. So hard that Elizabeth Liones herself couldn't blush that red. Zeldris was trying not to laugh.

"Haha! Your face! I have to tell Estarossa!" Zeldris gasped, laughing.

"Don't even think about it." A tomato Meliodas warned. "Or I'll tell Estarossa about the time you and Gelda made out in the hall while studying, or Saturday on the Ferris Wheel. That's right, I saw you two, trying to eat each others faces off." Zeldris went pale.

"You wouldn't-"

"Oh, but I would." Meliodas smirked. "Let's go downstairs."

They walked downstairs to the table where Liz was doing her homework. He sat down beside her and Zeldris went to play video games in the living room.

"Hey, Liz?" Estarossa called.

"Hmm?"

"Tell Meliodas about what you did at school."

"Okay. Well, at school I learned about campaigns and things in class so when you got suspended it wasn't very fair, and I started a peti- a pedi-"

"A petition." Estarossa corrected Liz.

"That's right, a petition." Liz corrected herself. "I started a petition for you to get un-suspended. I got everyone in our class to sign it, and Zeldris got people in his to sign it too. We got, um," Liz stopped to think. "How many was it Zeldris?"

"86." His reply was.

"Yeah, 86 people to sign it and the head master said you can come back to school tomorrow!" Liz exclaimed happily.

"Yay!" Meliodas cheered. "I get to go back for my second day at my new school and I already have one friend!"

Estarossa sighed. "Just try not to get suspended this time, alright?"