24.More of Damon's diary

Vanessa's POV

Now, I stare at the book, rapt. I'm really curious and a little desperate to know the truth. To know his life because I'm interested in him. Okay, I finally accepted it. I have a crush on him. A huge one, to be honest. I feel slightly bitter as I realize that he didn't tell me much about his past. The only way I can get to know him is by reading his personal diary. Then I feel a pinch of guilt, at least he told me about his mother and the fact that she died whereas I told him nothing. Nothing at all. Oh God! I'm such a hypocrite. Anyway, let's get on with the diary entry.

25th September 2010 (part 2)

Dear diary,

I told her how my mother died, beginning at the first. Mom, dad and I were walking down the street to go watch a movie. There was a theatre near our house, so we went walking as we usually do. I was in the middle and each of my hands were held by my parents. We were all carefree, joking and laughing about something. The morning air was cool and the sunlight was warm on our skin, making the weather very pleasant.

All of a sudden my mother stopped. Dad and I turned to look at her, similar questioning looks on our faces. Her face held an expression I had never seen before on her face and that scared me. Her expression was a mix of horror and raw white fear. Then she glanced at us and in an instant her expression turned to steely determination. She barked at us, "Go! Run."

My father and I were removed from our stupor and he picked up my hand and pulled me away. As I was being pulled away, I saw a huge creature in front of mom. It was flying in the air and it looked hideous. It held a malicious gleam in its large black eyes. It had wings, the sickening shade of green and a toothy smile with crooked sharp yellow teeth. It descended on my Mom and proceeded to attack her with one of its six sharp black tentacles. Mom dodged with the grace of a practiced fighter and pulled out a knife from her boot. I watched, frozen to my spot, completely fascinated by mom.