Love Song

Y/N point of view

Its now 12:56 pm and I been at the studio waiting for the girls for about an hour now. Since they wasn't here I decided to play some melodies in the mean time to get some ideas. I started playing this melody on the piano and it got stuck in my head, so I spent the time trying to perfect it. Brian texted me to notify me that the labels wanted us to do a love song and told me the girls know as well.

I checked my phone to see did I have any messages from the girls and saw nothing. I then went back to playing the piano and thinking of some lyrics.

"Aren't you something to admire, 'cause your shine is something like a mirror
And I can't help but notice, you reflect in this heart of mine"

After that I just hummed because I didn't know what else to say.

I been here for 3 hours and still no sight of the girls. I was on my phone looking on Instagram, not trying to think about how the girls aren't taking this serious and next thing I knew they appeared from the doorway. They came in talking and on their phones. I looked up at each one of them and then turned my attention back to my phone.

"You guys are late" I said mad still looking at my phone and they all looked at eachother and apologized.

"We're sorry Y/N we got held up" Lauren said as she gave Camila a quick look.

"It's not my fault" Camila said as she sat on the couch.

"If you would've just told you know who that you had somewhere to be, instead of going out to breakfast, we could've been here on time" Mani said crossing her arms.

"Michael leaves again in 2 days, I'm sorry I just wanted to spend time with my boyfriend" Camila said mad now.

"Ok, guys if we would've put ourselves in Camila's situation, we all would've wanted to spend time with our boyfriend before they left for who knows how many months" Ally jumped trying to ease the situation.

I just sat there watching the interaction and it seemed like the girls forgot I was there.

"Camila, why did you say Michael is your boyfriend Y/N is here" Dinah said trying to whisper and Camila looked at me.

"Its ok she already knows, she won't tell" Camila said and they gave awes and I nodded my head.

"We are sorry, we are late" Ally said and I gave her a smile.

"Its ok, lets just get to the song"I said gesturing them to gather around the piano.

"So I haven't came up with a chorus or anything but 2 lines" I said as I started the piano melody and sang the lyrics.

I got done and the girls clapped.

"How you girls like it" I asked as I wrote down the keys and lyrics on the blank note sheet.

"We are doing a love song, so this is perfect and the beginning sounds really good" Mani said.

We been working on the song for two hours and we actually came up with some verses.

Y/N: Aren't you something to admire, 'cause your shine is something like a mirror
And I can't help but notice, you reflect in this heart of mine
If you ever feel alone and the glare makes me hard to find
Just know that I'm always parallel on the other side

Normani: Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Just put your hand on the glass, I'm here trying to pull you through
You just gotta be strong