8: For Forever

Hello my beautiful beans! I realize that last chapter was all over the place, sorry. I didn't really know what I was gonna do for it, sooo... ye. I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, I have no real excuse. I've just been kinda putting it off for a long time, sorry. I'll try to develop a schedule and devote more of my time to this. Until then, please bare with me. And as always, enjoy!

Plz read the A/N at the bottom plz, it's important.

"You'll see when we get there."

Connor pulled you gently through the hallways. You weren't sure where he was taking you, but you decided to trust him and follow.

He led you down a few more hallways, until you both reached the auditorium.

"There shouldn't be anyone in here at the moment," he said, "We can sneak in and head out the back."

"We're skipping class?" You asked.

He nodded and pulled you through the large double doors. You stealthily snuck through the rows of seats.

Connor, in a wonderful attempt to cheer you up, decided to act like a horrible spy. He rolled around at random moments, and jumped over nothing.

You were glad you had people like him in your life. The ones who would skip classes for you, or make complete fools of themselves just to make you smile. You grin at him as the both of you reach the back doors.

He holds it open for you and you both head out. You rush to his car, which was conveniently parked not to far from you. You slide into the passenger seat and he started the engine.

Le time skip brought to you by The Magic School Bus bc why the hell not.

After about half an hour of driving, Connor turned down a small dirt road. He pulled to a stop next to a huge field and stopped the car.

"We're here." He said with a small grin.

You nodded and hopped out, meeting him at the front of the car.

"Where is here, exactly?" You ask.

"My favorite place in the world." He said, gesturing to the open field behind us. "I come here whenever I'm stressed or, just, need a break. It's... calming."

"Wow." You breathe. You felt special, this wasn't the kind of place he would go and tell everyone about. So the fact that he took you here was incredible.

"I know." He said. "C'mon."

He began to run.

You followed with a laugh. You jumped around and yelled, admiring the beautiful open field, framed with trees.

The two of you danced around, screaming lyrics to songs by your favorite bands. You played tag and hide and seek, acting like you were ten again. Honestly, it was the most fun you'd had in a while.

After a while the both of you got tired, and stretched out underneath a huge oak tree.

"Thank you." You say, rolling over to face him.

He looked at you. "For what?"

"Everything." You respond with a smile. "You skipped school for me, you went out of your way to make me happy. You took me here, and danced and screamed and put up with all my madness."

"That's what friends do, right?" He said, grinning at you.

You nodded and giggled. "Hard to believe we've only known each other for two days, huh?"

"Wait really?" He looked shocked for a second, then laughed. "Oh yeah, funny. I feel like I've known for forever."

"I know, right." You said.

You sat there and laughed for hours, simply enjoying each other's presence. His gentle smile was the last thing you remember, before drifting into a peaceful sleep.

Ok... so that was a lot shorter than I wanted it to be, but it's something right? right? I'm sorry.
Also I'm gonna say now that I'm sorry if I screw up the times and shizzle for the actual musical, I'm pretty sure Connor would have taken Evans note by now, but idk. Also I'm not gonna head straight into your relationship with Connor. Like real life, relationships take time, so I'm not rushing into this. Also, I know people don't really like when authors put themselves in stories, but Madelyn is going to be pretty important to this story, if you don't like that, I'm sorry. Thank you all soo much for reading, see ya in the next update💕💕