4: Senior Year

Hi guys. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, things have just been busy and I had to gat some stuff done. I hope you like this chapter. 💕💕

Senior year. You think, I'm almost finished. High school is almost through. You finish brushing your teeth, check your makeup, and grab your backpack to head out the door.

Your mom left a little while earlier to get to work, and your dad was passed out drunk on the couch. They had a really big fight last night, and drinking was his solution to everything.

You walk out the front door and head towards the school. Walking wasn't the ideal way to get somewhere, but your mom had already left and your dad would kill you if you took his. About halfway to campus, a car pulled up beside you.

You began to walk faster, "Hey!" A voice sounded from within the car. You speed up even more, practically running.

Do I look like a hooker to you? You think as the car follows you.

"(y/n)!" A familiar voice calls from the car. You stop. The car pulls up beside you, and you realize how stupid you were. "(y/n), why were you running?" Jared says as he leans out the window.

"Heh, about that..." You say. Embarrassed by your own stupidity.

"Just get in." He says, gesturing to the back seat. You happily obey, and plop your bag down beside you. Jared turns the radio up, and the three of you listen in silence as you head to school. (Evan is with you ok)

You say goodbye to your friends and head to your locker. As you begin to put your stuff in, a tall redhead girl with a lot of freckles and bright blue eyes walks up to the locker next to yours. (Yes, Author-Chan is going to put herself in the story. Why? Because it's my book.) She quietly puts her books up, and as she's closing her locker, you accidentally make eye contact. Crap. You think as she smiles at you.

"Hi!" She states cheerfully, "My names Madelyn. What's yours?" You stare at her blankly. "Hello?" She says waving her hand in front of your face.

"O-Oh! Sorry." You gasp, embarrassed to say the least. "My name is (y/n)."

"Cute name" Madelyn says with a grin. "Well it's nice to meet you, (y/n)."

You blush. Cute? Me? What? You think to yourself.

"I wasn't flirting, just now. That's just the way I am." She says with a small smile. "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you or something."

"It's alright." You say, smiling at her. "I've just never been called cute before."

"Really?" She asks. "Well you are."

"Th-Thanks." You mutter. Looking away.

"I have to get to drama, I'll see you around (y/n)." Madelyn says.

You wave, "Ok, see ya." She nods her head and walks away. You smile, this year might be pretty ok.

You head towards room 406, history. You've always loved that subject, you just don't know why. You sit at a desk in the corner of the room and begin to read.

An extremely tall guy with longish, shaggy brown hair and pale eyes takes the seat beside you. He seems... upset. You don't know why but something about him makes him seem angry, or frightened. Or both.

He looks over at you. He seems like the kind of guy who would scare you. He's at least a foot taller than you, and he seems unstable, like a powder keg about to explode.

"Eragon..." He says quietly, almost to himself. You wonder how he knew what book you were reading, then realize he could be reading over your shoulder.

"Do you like this book?" You question.

"Me?" He asks. You nod with a grin. "Yes I do. I read it a few years ago"

"My names (y/n)." You say with a small smile. As dangerous as he had seemed earlier, you felt ok around him... safe. "What's yours?"

"Why would I tell you." He snarls defensively.

You're a little surprised by his sharp remark, but you've dealt with worse. "I'm sorry." You say, trying to fix this. "You don't have to tell me, I just thought we could be friends."

"I don't need friends." He mutters angrily. "Especially ones like you."

"Everyone needs friends." You say. "I'll make a deal with you."

"What?"

"A deal." You repeat. "We get to know each other for one week. On Friday, you can decide if you still don't want me to be your friend. If you do, I'll do whatever you want. But if you want me to be your friend, you need to do what I want."

"And what might that be?" He asks exasperatedly.

"I don't know yet." You smile.

"You know what?" He asks. "Why the hell not? I've got nothing better to do."

You smile widely. "Yay!"

The teacher walks in and you mouth to him, 'Let the games begin.'