THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chpater 74 - Pitch's Lair

Jack’s P.O.V

It was dark and it was cold, and I was so scared. I was alone again and I didn’t know where I was. I saw nothing but darkness. I called out but there was never a response. In the distance there was a glimmer of light but once I reached it the ground beneath me vanished. I fell down, down, down, in a whirling hole until I hit the ground. My staff was no longer by my side and I was vulnerable. “Aw poor little Jack. You seem frightened.  That’s good because…You should be.” Pitch laughed from the shadows. I looked around frantically and saw no figure. “You’re friends are so predictable, it’s funny really.” Pitch laughed. “What are you talking about?” I questioned.  Suddenly the ground beneath me disappeared once again, the room spun and I hit the wall, then the ceiling, and lastly the ground. Without my staff I couldn’t maneuver through Pitch’s lair. He had the power to change the very fabric of reality in here, and I had no way to fight through it. “Your Princess figured it out Jackie, no thanks to the Viking and the Scot. Gothel is dead, and they think they’re on a winning streak. They are planning a rescue mission. It’s adorable really.” Pitch chuckled as he explained.  Pitch obviously had a plan. It was a trap all along; he captured me to bring them here. He never planned on bringing the fight to us because he knew how strong he was in his lair.  “It’s suicide.” I sighed. “Right you are Jack. But do you know what’s even more upsetting?” He asked. I nodded my head in response. “After I’m through with your friends I’m going after everything they ever loved and cared about.” He answered. “No!” I shouted. I quickly sprung upwards and ran towards the shadows in anger. I just wanted to lay one hit in Pitch. As I jumped towards the shadows I was hit, causing my body to fly through the air and hit the wall. “You are powerless in here Jack. You should know that by now, after all this isn’t your first time in here.” Pitch added.  I rolled to my side to see Pitch manifest from the shadows. His being was larger than ever. “You’re bigger?” I groaned. “I’m glad you noticed. You see even though you children have been meddling in my plans I still managed to live off of the fear. After the Outcasts attacked Berk, neighboring kingdoms became frightened that they might be next.  No, it wasn’t personal fear, but it was the fear of the future; the fear of war. That’s why I plan on sending the Outcasts to Corana, and then maybe Scotland, perhaps Arendell. Who knows, maybe even Burgess.” He laughed. “No! War isn’t the answer Pitch! I know this isn’t you.” I tried as I sat up and held my bleeding side. Pitch straightened and faced me. He kicked me down and dragged me by my hair towards one of the stone walls in his lair. He threw me against the wall and conjured his nightmare sand to ensnare me. I was imprisoned and could not move. “What makes you think you can win Jack? I mean really you are the only one in the group that has powers of greatness. You are immortal! They will just forget you! They will grow up just like the rest and stop believing. You will be alone, just like you’ve always been. “Pitch exclaimed.  I fidgeted and tensed against my bonds in hopes I could free myself but it was useless, he was too strong. “I don’t think we will win. I know we will. And do you know why that is Pitch?” I asked. He didn’t answer. “It’s because there are things far greater than fear.” I answered. “Oh like what?!” He shouted. Pitch threw his hands up in anger and shot a blast of his power at me. It directly hit my chest and stung all throughout my body like electricity. “Love is stronger than anything, including fear.” I murmured in pain. Pitch clenched his teeth in anger and fisted his hands preparing himself for another attack. “Love is a lie. It was never strong enough.” He whispered just loud enough so I could hear him. “Your friends are afraid, Jack. I know they are; I see their fears. They are scared that their world will fall apart. But when I look at your fears Jack, they are entirely different. It amazes me almost. You don’t care for the fate of the world. You fear for your friends and what their lives will become. They don’t think about you, in fact I feel as if they have already begun to forget about you. “He said sadly. I ignored his words and tried to think of a plan before the gang got here. Pitch sauntered over to his globe and frayed his hands over the few remaining lights. “Don’t you see? Even with your, wonder, dreams, hope, and memories the world will always return to fear. Even your fun can’t bring the world out of this pit of despair. War will desolate the world, and the people will resort to fear. They always do when there is nothing left.” He laughed. “But they will fight, because they have love to fight for! They protect what matters to them most! Just like you did for your daughter!” I shouted. Suddenly Pitch hunched forward, his head turned slowly towards me; his eyes glimmered with a distant sadness that he only revealed for a moment before returning to his golden hate. “Daughter? I never had a daughter.” He scoffed. “But you did! She was in your past life! She was young just like my sister. You have to remember Pitch. You’ve forgotten her, you have to remember.” I begged. “Enough!” Pitch shouted. Frustration and anger admitted from his being as conjured his nightmares. “I’ve had enough of you; I think it’s time for you to see what true darkness is.” He practically growled. In Pitch’s hands he had conjured something different. It wasn’t like his nightmare sand that glittered, this was pure darkness.  I squirmed and leaned far away from Pitch’s nearing hand. His hand was cloaked in a dark shadow that greatly resembled the monster that possessed him.  All of my courage dissipated as Pitch’s hand met my neck. He strangled me as the shadow climbed over me. I felt strange as the shadow took over my being. It wasn’t like the time I became one of Pitch’s fearlings, this was very different. It wasn’t a possession it was pure fear. I felt any glimmer of courage and hopes vanish as darkness took me. Pain shot through my whole body. My nerves felt icy and my head was clouded. Pitch was using part of himself to torture me. I saw the horrors of the future. I saw the light die, and soon I felt myself shut down. My body no longer cooperated and everything in my mind turned blank. I was immobile now; all I could do now was pray that the gang would be able to stop Pitch without me.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.