THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 28 - Unfair Warnings

Rapunzel's P.O.V

Jack had his arms around me protectively as Pitch stroked my hair.  “I’m here to see the new recruits that M.I.M has chosen. I’m not impressed to say in the least, but I am interested in you three.” Pitch stated as he pointed to the Merida, Hiccup, and I.  “Your Mother and Father are worried sick about you as well. In fact they’ve got the whole Kingdom searching for you. Your brother’s miss you dearly and they fear you may never return.” Pitch stated as he walked towards Merida. Hiccup bravely stepped in front of Merida. “Tsk tsk little Viking, wait your turn.” Pitch scorned. Toothless rumbled and stood on his hind legs to make himself look bigger as he opened his wings. “Ah so this is the deadly Night Fury, again not in the least impressed.” Pitch yawned. “Your Father assumes you’re just on another quest and suspects nothing yet he still worries for your safety and fears he will lose you too soon. “Pitch stated as he pointed towards Hiccup. “And you Jack…..poor Jack Frost….has no one. Your holding them back you know?” Pitch exclaimed. Jack’s grip on me loosened and he charged Pitch. Both Pitch and Jack were at each other’s throats. Sparks of Jacks power and the dark shadows of Pitch’s nightmare sand collided until they both seized. When they stopped both were breathing heavily. “I’ve just come to warn you three, this isn’t your fight. It would be in all of your best interest to disband this….quintet.” Pitch explained. “No way.” Hiccup stated firmly. Pitch turned to Hiccup with an evil chuckle. “Stupid, insolent boy, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into.” Pitch stated. “Yes he does, and so do I.” Merida shouted. I remained silent, I wanted to call out too but for some reason something inside of me prevented me from doing it. “What about you Princess?” Pitch asked as he turned to me turning his back to Jack, Hiccup, and Merida. “Leave her alone!” Jack shouted but Pitch surprised him when he suddenly shot a wave of his dark power towards him. “Jack!” I screamed. Jack was hurled at the globe; his body hit it hard and he slowly slid down the globe until he hit the ground. “It’s sad really, he had so much potential, and it’s too bad he wasted it all on becoming a Guardian.” Pitch laughed. I stood back in horror. Jack lay motionless on the ground. Panic filled my body, and I ran to him without second thought. “Jack? Jack please answers me.” I cried. His eyes were closed but his chest was heaving, meaning he was still breathing. I looked over my shoulder at Hiccup and Merida. They looked at me with worried expressions. “He’s fine.” I stated and their worried expression instantly faded. “Of course, I wouldn’t kill him…..well not yet any way.” Pitch laughed. “Anyways where was I before I was so rudely interrupted by the boy…Ah yes! You might want to reconsider that choice.” Pitch stated. “Or what?!” Merida barked as she raised her bow. “Oh I thought you would never ask.” Pitch laughed. He suddenly opened his arms to conjure up more black sand. He rode the sand like a wave until he reached the top of the globe. Pitch stood at the top of the globe with an evil smirk on his face. “Or I’ll make your worst nightmares a reality.” Pitch threatened. I felt a chill run down my spine as his voice echoed throughout the workshop. Pitch began to laugh manically as he disappeared through the skylight. Merida and Hiccup ran towards me the minute Pitch left. “How is he?” Hiccup asked with full concern. I cradled Jack’s head in the crook of my arm and brushed his hair out of his eyes. “He’s alive.” I stated with a slight quiver in my voice. “Can’t you heal him? You know make sure any damage that is internal is gone.” Merida stated. I nodded yes and gently laid Jack’s head in my lap. I then gently placed my hair over Jack, almost like a blanket. “Flower gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse; bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt. Change the Fates' design. Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine. What once was mine.” I sang. Jack stirred in my lap. I pulled my hair off of him and took him face in my hands. “Jack?” I questioned. Jack’s eyes flickered open revealing his electric blue eyes. “Rapunzel.” Jack sighed in relief. I laughed softly as he lifted his hand to my cheek. I leaned into his touch and smiled. “Ahem we are right here too you know.” Merida coughed. Jack sat up and looked at Merida and Hiccup. “What happened?” He asked as he rubbed the back of his head. “Pitch jumped you.” Hiccup exclaimed. “He actually landed a hit huh?” Jack laughed. “Yeah and you almost gave us all heart attacks you walking popsicle!” Merida shouted as she punched him playfully. “Sorry about that.” Jack apologized. “You took the hit pretty well though.” Hiccup teased. “As in well do you mean when he was knocked you out cold?” Merida laughed. “Oh shut it frizz ball.” Jack laughed. Merida just laughed and stuck her tongue out at Jack. I couldn’t help but laugh at the two when they quarreled. “Rapunzel did you bring  me out of that little nap?” Jack asked me sheepishly. “Yep.” I answered. Jack suddenly pulled me to his chest and wrapped his arms around me. “Ugh get a room!” Merida laughed as she stood up and walked away with Hiccup trailing behind her. “Thank you.” Jack whispered. “It’s no big deal.” I chuckled. Jack suddenly squeezed me tighter. “Are you okay?” He asked seriously. “Yeah I’m fine.” I answered. Jack pulled back to look at my face. “I felt you shaking in my arms earlier.” Jack stated. “I was……” I tried. “You were frightened?” Jack sighed as he took a strand of my hair that had fallen in front of my face and put it behind my ear. “Maybe just a tad, he had talked about my Mother .” I admitted. Jack frowned at my remark. “You have to be strong Punzie, that’s how Pitch gets to people. I don’t want him aiming for you….or using your fears against you.” Jack explained. “I understand it’s just this is all happening so fast. I’ve been locked away for so long, I never expected to confront such an evil thing, or to meet Hiccup and Merida. I didn’t even expect to meet you.” I explained as I cupped Jack’s cheek. Jack sighed and grabbed my spare hand with his. “I know I’m sorry I wasn’t thinking.” Jack admitted. I kissed him softly on the cheek to comfort him then I stood up and walked towards Hiccup and Merida. “I think you’ve gone and shocked him.” Merida laughed. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jack still sitting on the ground. He had his hand where I had kissed him and he smiled a large cheeky smile.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.