"Emi Mizono." The only words that left his lips. Shiro stared at him in confusion when he said her name, knowing he's heard of it before. At the same time, Risa came in with a tray that held three mugs of hot chocolate. She placed the mugs in front of Kaien and Shiro as she sat down next to her husband, joining the conversation.

"What do you know?" The young hunter asked as he tensed up, yet eager to know.

"Shiro... A few nights ago, an Aristocrat vampire family was attacked and brutally murdered. There was said to be no survivors and a body was missing. The one missing was the body of the youngest daughter of the Mizono's. Emi Mizono." Hearing this, Shiro jumped up from his seat as he tried to process this all.

"You mean... she's an Aristocrat vampire...?" Risa stared at Kaien with shock.

"What would happen if the Senate finds out?" Shiro spoke up from his silence and stared at the man sitting in front of him.

"To be honest... I'm not sure. As of now, she's considered deceased in the vampire society. At this point, it's up to her whether or not she wants to return to that place. My best guess is that they would interrogate her to find out what happened."

"But she's only a child! She was so scared... I can only imagine how she must be feeling right now... Did they catch the attacker? What if he tries to attack Emi again?" Risa's shaky voice echoed softly in the kitchen.

"They don't know who the attacker was. By the time they got there, it was already too late... Though It's strange... It was the same night Juri and Haruka Kuran also perished by their own hands...leaving their son behind." Kaien whispered with a sadness written all over his face. 

"The Pureblood Kurans...." Shiro whispered out. Suddenly the sound of small footsteps caught the attention of the three. Everyone turned their head towards the hallway to see Emi with a shocked look. The young girl wore a grey oversized shirt and long pants and her wavy brown hair looked messy as if she had just woken up.

"Emi! I'm sorry did we wake you?" Risa stood up and walked over the young girl who looked pale. She shook her head and looked down to the ground, refusing to make eye contact with anyone as she processed what she heard the unknown hunter say a moment ago.

Kaien stood from his chair and gave a small smile. "I guess it's pretty late. I have someone waiting for me at home so I should be hurrying along. It was a pleasure to see you two again." He looked over to Emi and smiled sadly, not saying a word.

"Oh! I'll see you out." Risa offered as she led him out the kitchen, leaving Shiro and Emi alone. Emi stood there, not making a sound, while Shiro sat back down in his chair with a small sigh. A moment of complete awkward silence passed until Shiro finally spoke up.

"Come sit." Emi looked up with a slightly surprised look but hesitantly made her way to the table and sat down, keeping her gaze on the ground to avoid eye contact. Shiro stared at her for a moment as it stayed silent.

"I don't like vampires, y'know." Shiro started out bluntly, causing Emi to grow tense. "But with your situation, it can't be helped." He paused for a moment as he was overcome with thoughts on what to do. "Emi. Do you want me to tell the Senta-"

"No!" The young girl spoke up suddenly with slight fear. "I-I... don't want to deal with them..." Shiro glanced at the girl with surprise at her sudden answer.

"If you want me to leave...then I will..." She spoke up again, still refusing to make eye contact. Shiro bit his lip and ran his hand through his raven hair, feeling guilt rise in him. To be honest, Shiro didn't dislike the child, but he was cautious with her. But he calmed down and leaned forward on the table.