-Chapter 8-

-Later that night-

After the incident Headmaster told me to head back. But instead, I went back to the dorm. Everyone was still gathered at the birthday party, which was a good thing. I was too exhausted and needed rest. Instead of going to my room, I laid down on the sofa. 

'All I need is a nap...' I thought as I curled up to a ball and shut my eyes. Then I began to drift into sleep.

-----------------

I can hear a faint gentle voice calling out to me and It sounded so familiar... as time passed the voice began to grow louder and louder. I opened my eyes to see my mother. "Silly~ if you're tired go lay in bed" she giggled as she stroked my hair. I was now fully awake and I gazed up at my mom. "M-mommy?" My little voice had managed to say. There stood mom. Long wavy chestnut hair hung below her shoulder, her dark chocolate eyes gazed into mine, and her smile never left her face. My eyes began to water as I stared at a face I haven't seen in 10 years. I quickly wrapped my arms around and cried softly as she held me close. Then I felt something warm drop on my cheek and my eyes widen. "I love you Emi" she whispered. I slowly looked up at her face. Blood trickled down her face as she stared at me with empty eyes. Her beautiful smooth skin began to crack...and then she turned to dust. I wasn't a little girl anymore. I was me. 

"Mom! No!" I cried out as she disappeared. 

----------------

Emi.
I heard a very faint voice.
I opened my eyes and shot up. I was in shock to find myself in a large bed and new surroundings. 

"Emi?" I heard a familiar voice. I looked over to see Kaname and began to calm down, but I was still shaking. 

"K-Kaname?" I managed to say, not caring that I forgot the 'Lord' part. I felt his hand on my cheek and I was still shaking a bit. He noticed and pulled me in a hug. I tensed a little then relaxed as he stroked my hair. 

"Did you have a nightmare?" Kaname whispers gently. I nodded, not able to speak, and held him close. I opened my eyes slightly to see his neck in view and my hunger began to rise. My mouth opens slightly, enough for my fangs to show, and I moved closer to his neck. Then I immediately realized what I was doing and quickly pulled away from him. He gazed at me with worry in his eyes but I looked away. 

"I'm sorry..." I whispered as I tense up under his gaze. He chuckled and pulled me into another hug. I felt my heart beating fast of how close I am to him.

"I'm happy you finally called me by my name," he said with a slight smile. I realized and blushed slightly.

 "When we were little, I told you not to call me lord and you stopped immediately, but now you're stubborn when I asked you to not call me that." He laughed slightly at the last part. I blushed. 

"W-well I didn't want to get scolded like I did when I was little!" I said quickly. I found myself smiling. 

It feels like old times

After a while of talking, I decided to leave.
I walked away feeling a bit happy. He cheered me up and I completely forgot about my nightmare. Just like old times...

---------------------

It was a few hours before class and me, Shiki, Rima, and Aido were sitting on the couch. Shiki and Rima ate pocky together as usual while I was asking Aidou how he puts up with all those fangirls. Which was a bad idea because now he's bragging about how many fans he has. But I listened to him anyways...

"I heard we're getting a new teacher tonight" Rima interrupted Aido. 

Aido stopped talking for a moment. "Oh yeah... I heard about that." He said as he looks up at the ceiling. "What's their name? What subject?" I asked with curiosity.

"I don't know, Headmaster only told us that we're getting a new teacher," Shiki responded.

"Oh.," I said quietly. Aido yawned and stood up. 

"I don't know about you guys back I'm going to go take a nap." He said walking away. Shiki just hummed in response and Rima just stayed silent.

------------------

We were all in the classroom and Everyone was talking about the new teacher. I closed my eyes and sighed. After a few moments I heard the door open and the Night Class went silent. I looked up to see the man from last night. 

'He's the guy who shot Zero!' I thought. Then Kaname entered the room. Kaname glanced at the man as he walked past him then continued his way up to his usual spot and pulled out a book. The man placed his book on the desk and spoke. 

"I'm Toga Yagari, your ethics teacher starting today. Before we start...Hello, vampires" he smirked slightly. I notice everyone's eyes glowed red.

"Yagari? That's the name of the number one Vampire Hunter right now." Ruka spoke as she looked at Mr. Yagari. 

"So he's responsible for last nights gunfire" Aido frowned. 

"You all relax there's no need to worry, today I'm fully qualified and certified to be a legitimate teacher for this class." He stated. 

"So you intend to spy on the Night Class?" Kaname spoke. "Or is it so you can try to kill one of us?" He smirked slightly at Mr. Yagari.

 "Hello, Kaname Kuran...My execution list is empty right now, but if you find my lecture boring and you fall asleep I may very well add your name to it." This made Ruka and Aido mad. 

"How dare you say that to Lord Kaname?!" Ruka yelled. "Ruka..." Kain tried to calm down Ruka.

"I'll try to be careful, Mr. Yagari." Kaname stared at Mr. Yagari. Mr. Yagari replied with a 'Humph' and glared.
----------------

Mr. Yagari finished his lesson and was about to walk away when someone threw a knife at him. I gasped lightly.

 Luckily he was able to stop it with his book from getting to him. 

"That's some greeting... I'll just keep this as a memento that I spent teaching vampires..." He said before exiting the door.