-Chapter 17-

The masked servant walked down the dark hallway, returning to Shizuka after placing Maria's body somewhere safe.  As he continued walking, he noticed the girl with the dark violet cloak leaning against the wall. He got closer, intending to ignore the girl and continue on. The girl then stood straight and gave him a dark look. 

"Hey," she spoke was a serious tone. He then stopped but kept his back faced towards her. 

"What do you want? I'm in a hurry." 

She looked at him. "The only reason I'm following Lady Shizuka is that I had to come to this Academy....to see for myself the person that was supposed to have died 10 years ago."

The masked boy then chuckled. "And to see that Pureblood."

The girl clenched her fists. 

"Shut up!" she yelled. "Why won't Lady Shizuka allow me to reveal myself? Why can't I just get this over with and kill that girl that took what was mine!" she said furiously. 

The boy looked back at her. "Holding such a grudge for something so foolish as that.... shouldn't you point that hatred towards that person who took your parent's lives?"

She glared at him. "Tch. You're the one to talk."

Shizuka's servant was about to say something when a gunshot echoed throughout the dorm.

They looked at each other and then ran towards where Shizuka was. "She still hasn't gotten rid of him...?" he said with a hint of anger in his calm voice. The girl followed the boy to the room where Shizuka was. There she stood with a slightly sinister smile on her face. A silver-haired boy was pointing a gun at her and a girl stood beside him, grabbing his arm. They noticed the Shizuka had been shot and the masked boy took out his katana and threw it straight into Zero's arm. The silvered haired boy hissed in pain and looked over to the masked man and hooded woman.

"Zero!" Yuki shouted.

"Lady Shizuka...How much longer do you intend to fool around..?" He said in a serious tone. The girl looked over to Shizuka and looked at her bloody kimono. "Lady Shizuka.. you've been wounded."

"Hmph. No one asked for you two to interfere," she said as she walked towards them. She looked at the girl with a serious look. "It's not time for you to make an appearance." 

"....Why..?" the girl clenched her fists and looked away from Shizuka.  "There is something I must accomplish," Shizuka said sternly as she walked past the masked servant and the girl. She looked over at the boy. "You don't need to worry about me...I don't intend on dying here." She walked out of the room and disappeared into the darkness.

"Shizuka!" Zero yelled and ran towards the door. The girl then blocked Zero from leaving. The masked servant then got in front of the girl and looked at Zero through his mask. "Do you intend on leaving me behind once again?"

Zero glared at him. "You're the one who left me behind, Ichiru." 

-------------------------------------------

I stopped running when the scent of blood hit me. I caught my breath and looked down to see a trail of blood.  "It isn't Yuki's blood...." I said to myself. 

I turned forward to see Aido still running and turn a corner. 

"Aido wait!" I said as I tried to catch up before I completely lost him. When I turned the corner I saw Aido standing next to a door. I walked up to him and caught my breath. "Aido wha-" Aido quickly covered my mouth and pulled me to his side. I was about to push his hand away from my mouth before I heard the sound of Kaname's voice. I froze and listened.